Swype

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by LuCaniTy, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuCaniTy

LuCaniTy Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using swype on my HD2 running android and love it. Every time I switch to tablet mode on my XT, I miss the swype keyboard dearly. Is Swype available for windows 7 yet?

2. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

InScribe has the same mechanics, but it's very inaccurate in what you want to accomplish. It might be a fix for some, but I didn't enjoy it much. Swype has a built in library to choose and guess from, whereas InScribe doesn't so it can be very inaccurate at times (at least it was for me).

4. dirtyvu

dirtyvu Pen Pal - Newbie

inscribe is not ideal or perfect by any means. but it's the closest thing to swype and it's totally customizable. and i created multiple keyboards that minimizes the faults of inscribe (adding repetitive keys, going to a narrow keyboard rather than a qwerty keyboard, etc).

[​IMG]

here's one of the keyboards I made. i kind of made different keyboards that are tailored for specific tasks.

I like this design because I can insert a space, repeat a character (e.g., "ll"), etc. from multiple directions.

the main disadvantage of inscribe over the on-screen keyboard (or the input panel keyboard for that matter) is the lack of predictive text.

the other disadvantage is going to keys that are adjacent to each other. the way to get around that (if you don't want to pause on the letter) is to do a looping motion rather than a straight line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.