SWMagent.exe is restarting...

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kampana, Feb 29, 2012.

1. kampana

kampana Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Every 15 minutes I get a pop-up saying "SWMagent is restarting".

From what I gathered online, this is Samsung's software. Does anyone have an idea as to why it keeps restarting itself? Also, it appears to be causing my fan to spool up whenever the program has to restart.

Thanks in advance.

Kampana

2. calebj92

calebj92 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my samsung series 7. Just got it a couple months ago. It's really annoying help would be greatly appreciated.

3. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have also experienced this but I just tried to ignore it. I'm actually surprised there are this many issues with the slate considering it was the official developer device for W8. Either way, I'm sure all the bugs will be gone when the RC is released.

4. Session

Session Pen Pal - Newbie

I just started getting this last night... Anyone have a solution other than ending the process every time after start up?

Is this something that can be safely uninstalled?

update:
    Just talked to their live chat support...all they can tell me is to do a complete restore -_- will that even help? He thinks its possibly from a virus which I highly doubt as the only thing I installed is Pen Pressure drivers, Adobe CS 5, and Sketchbook Pro ....

5. DTrump

DTrump Pen Pal - Newbie

I like the convenience of the Easy Software Manager utility, and I appreciate what Samsung is trying to do, but it is an unbearably slow and inefficient piece of software, even on the Windows 7 side.

I installed it on my Win 8 CP partition, and after it crashed 5 or 6 times, it finally ran, but I went to bed while it was still running (and had been for nearly 60 minutes). Saw this morning that it had finally finished loading.

6. dcaputi

dcaputi Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seing this problem on my new Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook PC with win 7 pro. So definately not tablet or win 8 related.

These update managers should not be this complicated. Just get me the latest stuff when I ask for it. How hard could that be? Should be all web-based.

(joining this forum because my google search is only finding this thread. is it burried on the Samsung website maybe?)

Dan C.

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Samsung is trying to be more closed door to outsiders.

8. JBChristy

JBChristy Pen Pal - Newbie

I get this popup every 5 minutes. VERY annoying. Here's the XML from the error log. Hope someone at Samsung fixes it.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-04T03:54:22.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6372</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Slate</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>SWMAgent.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.20.18</Data>
    <Data>4e5f597d</Data>
    <Data>SWMAgent.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.20.18</Data>
    <Data>4e5f597d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00015d5e</Data>
    <Data>1620</Data>
    <Data>01ccf9b9c80b504d</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Software Manager\SWMAgent.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Software Manager\SWMAgent.exe</Data>
    <Data>b9a36efc-65ad-11e1-9681-88532e7f0f70</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

9. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

<<...I like the convenience of the Easy Software Manager utility, and I appreciate what Samsung is trying to do, but it is an unbearably slow and inefficient piece of software...>>

...Just a comment about this. I attribute many aspects of ESM's poor user experience to Samsung's very slow servers rather than to ESM itself. I have experimented with running ESM at various times during the day (in the Central time zone), and I invariably find that ESM always runs better when it is early morning (that is, 2AM to, say, 5AM) in Korea! You might try this and see if your experience with ESM is any better...

10. vcrewchief

vcrewchief Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem. All this does is encourage people not to use samsung software that comes on their computer. you'd think that samsung would want people to use the software that they spent money producing.

11. ansari.347

ansari.347 Pen Pal - Newbie

hello friends. can anyone help me to solve the below highlighted issue

when i switch on my laptop, it's showing a SWMA agent is restarting...

then my laptop is working very slowly.

Please can anyone help me.

12. ansari.347

ansari.347 Pen Pal - Newbie

hello friend... did you find the solution for your issue??? could you advice me, how to solve the issue...

13. gougephelan

gougephelan Pen Pal - Newbie

I too get this same pop-up and the fan continues to run. However, my biggest issue is that it always happens as I'm typing and screws up my cursor placement. I find myself having to retype, or start all over, or find my place again. Extremely annoying people!! So, all I see in here are complaints...and no solutions to this problem. I've been "dealing" with this dilhemma now for almost 2 years! Thanks a lot Samsucks!!

help would be very much appreciated.