Switchable Graphics and Touch

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by sirgrinalot, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eckie

eckie Pen Pal - Newbie

This worked for me as well. Thank you. I haven't rebooted yet.

2. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

Regrettably, it doesn't work for me. The fix doesn't stick after rebooting while in ATI graphics. After each reboot I switch to Intel then back to ATI to get touch and pen working properly in ATI graphics.

3. tscottmommy

tscottmommy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Dave (and all others in this thread),

Could you please list your machine specs (especially which card: atheros, broadcom, intel, intel w/integrated), as well as the driver date and version you are using so that perhaps forum members might find a solution that is specific to your setup? Thanks!

4. eckie

eckie Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah yes, unfortunately I spoke too soon. When I reboot it it goes back to being buggy. At least, the pen tablet settings fix works until reboot. Better than nothing.

5. Voidward

Voidward Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems my fix is more of a remedy and not a complete fix, thought it does eliminate a lot of the frustration.

What happens for me is if you boot up with ATI graphics the touch input will not be rotatable, though the pen will be fine. If you then switch to Intel it'll fix itself next time you're on ATI. Also, if you boot into Intel the problem will fix itself automatically (never occur). No need to restart now, but it's not a total fix.

6. MattLangley

MattLangley Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess a hacky workaround would be to create a bootup script (or program launched at bootup) that figures out what mode you are in, if you are in ATI, switch to Intel and back.

7. Omnisu

Omnisu Pen Pal - Newbie

Confirmed that this works with factory drivers. Though this obviously means the problem is not caused by updating video drivers...

8. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I just upgraded to 8 GB of RAM today and wow, what a difference with the switchable graphics! I know there newer drivers fixed the issue with caused by asymmetric RAM modules but I wasn't have much luck with the non-HP drivers. Now it looks like this stuff ACTUALLY works well!

For now I've good back to switchable graphics and I see how well that goes.

EDIT: Spoke too soon! Still getting touch offset issue in portrait mode! Arhgh! Oh on well, maybe the refresh unit will have this solved.:(

9. tscottmommy

tscottmommy Scribbler - Standard Member

I had problems with this until I upgraded to the ATI 10.3 (and then 10.4, and now 10.5) drivers. To do this you have to do a sequential install after uninstalling the ATI drivers in device manager, then the actual Catalyst software. I find I have the best success if I delete (or rename with a ";" before) the two ATI folders I found in C:/programs: ATI an ATI Technologies. Then install the HP ATI, the ATI Radeon Mobility, and finally the ATI Catalyst for desktops...

My pen, touch and mouse all work perfectly no matter what orientation or graphics card I am on.

10. mitja

mitja Pen Pal - Newbie

While the ati driver upgrade didn't solve the problem I could solved it by removing all the Tablet Preferences using both:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tablet\Pen\Remove.exe" /p
    and the Reset option of the Tablet-PC Settings.
    Then i recalibrated the screen and everything works fine yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.