SW Update Won't Connect to Server

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by drunkirishman, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drunkirishman

drunkirishman Pen Pal - Newbie

I have tried everything short of wiping my computer to get SW update to work. I noticed there was a critical Windows 8 update that I didn't install. So when I went to hit download the program kept saying can't connect to server. It does this for all the updates and installs in the app.

I had high speed internet and was browsing the web with ease. So it wasn't a problem on my end. I went to the Samsung support site, downloaded SW update manually and reinstalled. Now it won't go past the splash screen and hangs there for an hour....literally. I can't open the program or update my device through it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Mighty M likes this.
  2. Vladdie

Vladdie Scribbler - Standard Member

It's just really really bad, sometimes it takes me over an hour to get it to work, every time it says cannot connect :S

3. pcm2a

pcm2a Pen Pal - Newbie

That piece of trash program was written by a 2 year old I'm pretty sure. It's not any more reliable on my Samsung laptop either. Just try at various times throughout the day and eventually you will get lucky.

4. Vladdie

Vladdie Scribbler - Standard Member

I did a refresh of Windows yesterday and I think I have the same Windows 8 Critical Update (344mb) left to do which won't go through for me as well.

5. nanotube80

nanotube80 Pen Pal - Newbie

Now there is a SW Update Patch out, "A patch to resolve the server traffic".

Unfortunately when I try to install this update to Update, I got the server error. LOL.

Edit to update: after 6 or 7 tries with server error, finally got the update installed. Then went back to install the 344MB Windows 8 Critical Update (or whatever that is), still got error!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. drunkirishman

drunkirishman Pen Pal - Newbie

I download the SW Update Patch(after several tries) then tried updating Windows 8 critical updates, "can't connect to server still". That's a great fix indeed!

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Took me several tries but I FINALLY got the SW Update Patch to install. I wish Samsung would just provide installers and never mind with their subpar updaters.

8. spedinfargo

spedinfargo Pen Pal - Newbie

Unable to connect to the server. Check the network for problems and try again. (-6).

Grr.

9. spedinfargo

spedinfargo Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got in and now I see that "sw update patch" to resolve network traffic. Now that is just flat out funny...

10. pcm2a

pcm2a Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess they spent all their money on amazing hardware (tablet, laptop, tvs, cameras) and didn't hire any QA staff.