Surface Studio / Studio 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kvoram, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

What's exactly you're wife's job again? That feels like a page full of things to see. :D

By the way I still have to even see a Surface Studio in the wild. Microsoft clearly hates me.
    Anyway the Studio 2 is finally available in Europe so some days ago I converted the price (tax included) of the middle range model from Euro to Dollar: in USA you'll pay at worst $4620 with taxes, in Italy/Europe that same model would be $5780. Isn't it lovely? :rolleyes:

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The joy of value added tax.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

3. Azzart

Naaah, there's more than that, if it was just the vat at 22% it would be "just" 5040 against 4620. Too good to be true.
    I'd bet my coins on the horse named Greed.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. djas

djas Graffiti User

In Singapore, after tax: :(

Screenshot_20190226-083925.jpg

5. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, my Studio died again. This time the monitor won't power on. In my case, if I project the computer to a second screen with 'use second screen only' mode, and detach the second screen while the Studio is at sleep, there is a fare chance that the Studio's monitor won't ever power on again. I've escalated this issue on a MS support ticket. If it's still merely a replacement, I'll for sure sell it this time.

There is no way to retrieve my files unless I void the warranty and open the base, which means lost work and time (again). I've only opened the box since Christmas and this is already my sixth replacement - still dies within a couple months like its predecessors. Worst investment for my time and money.

6. Azzart

It's cheap compared to Europe.:p
    That converted to Euro is 3620, but we pay for that model €4200. Which equates to SG$6440.
    We win, yay!

djas likes this.
  7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Higher salaries for Microsoft European employees could also factor in.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Steve:

Last week, I saw the Surface Studio 2 w/ 32GB & 1TB on sale for $3.6K and change, figured it was worth more than 3 iPhone XS+ and bought it to replace my aging HP tower. Color me impressed. Among my nits as a left-hander, it would be nice to re-orient OneNote pages while handwriting, but I digress.

I’ve searched high and low and had 3 non productive rounds with MS, but nobody can tell me which usb 3 port is the “high-powered” one. Have you found that answer any where?

Thanks in advance.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nice purchase. Congratulations.

Bishop likes this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<...nobody can tell me which usb 3 port is the “high-powered” one. Have you found that answer any where?..>>

@Bishop : This is the Studio, but the port capabilities are the same:

Studio 2 Ports.jpg

Also, I just verified that the end port is the enhanced USB port. If you look very carefully at the case, you will see a "+" sign printed above the USB symbol next to the port. All the other USB ports simply have the USB symbol. Hard to see, and another reason why I dislike white on silver as a color scheme...!

Marty and Bishop like this.