Surface Studio Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kvoram, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Microsoft Complete is your friend.

DRTigerlilly and wataru like this.
  2. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep. Luckily, my local store was able to add Complete for my Studio. So I got a new replacement, plus 2 year of warranty from today:thumbsup: (seriously, it's a big relieve). The exchange was surprisingly painless. They just gave me an unopened box with a new unit and didn't even try to open the old box to check out my defunct unit. I could gave them rocks and walk away with a new Studio :confused:. They also didn't bother giving me a new Pen (included in package) even though I didn't have the original Pen (I replaced it with newest Pen).

Basically they simply trust what I told themo_O. I was on phone call with their support all this time - I could have made up my story completely. I guess if there is a problem, they can always track me back. Kudos to them.

JoeS and Bronsky like this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's now a little over a year after the release of the Studio, any rumors about updates? Updates that involve a decent CPU and GPU, and a decent SSD? Asking for a friend.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I love mine but it's unfortunate that Microsoft chose to price the Studio to sit on store shelves rather than in people's homes. I don't see a new model coming until the Spring at the earliest and it's hard to recommend these year-old specs without a price drop.

JoeS likes this.
  5. wataru

Anyone think that Surface Book 2 + a Studio Monitor would be the ultimate combo? You get Quad Core, plus VR ready graphics, a Studio monitor at home/office, and mobility when needed. (But I probably would go with a custom built pc instead; and the Book 2 need a non-existent TB3 to drive a 5K monitor)

I got my 2yr warranty so I don't mind waiting till the end, gotta to make that $500 warranty counts.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  6. wataru

It does not take long... My Studio is heading back to MS Store, again. This time is bad touch screen.

Guess how long it will take for my next Studio to break. It's not even funny now. :( This thing wears down more quickly than my socks :eek:

Such a fragile non-workstation. Maybe I should put it inside a glass next time. Microsoft should pay me for beta-testing their hardware (Seriously).

Azzart likes this.
  7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My year old Studio is still going strong. But I also don't use it daily.

8. wataru

Continuing the vent, the new replacement is slow to hell and impossible to use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far I have factory reset it several times, and still boot time is 10-20 minutes before you can actually do anything (check the disk usage rate above).

It's almost impossible to recommend Microsoft product these days after being torched numerous times.

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

@wataru that feels like the ssd isn't working at all. Is it even possible?

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...that feels like the ssd isn't working at all...>>

...If the SSD wasn't working, the Studio wouldn't boot at all. I think you would get a POST code.

Regardless, this unit needs to go back...