Surface Studio Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kvoram, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey! Don't shoot our moose! But we'll join you for the last two, eh? :)

Meh, we're still 4-1 vs you guys...still got a long ways to go. ;)

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

In Sweden we think of you as closely related to the Brits without the sarcasm. And you make great tv shows, closer to reality than your southerly neighbours.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Marty likes this.
  3. Marty

That sounds horrible!

Azzart likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Only when adeptly applied. They have lost some of their skills.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

5. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

Depends on which timeframe you choose to look at the statistics.
    At the moment i only know people who - with double-income - would like to buy an appartment or house but can't afford it. Or the prices are so absurd for what you'd get, that they don't want to pay it.
    A colleague of mine moved to Berlin 6 years ago. He's renting his appartment and pays 5-6€/m². I live one street over, moved here 2 years ago and i have to pay 11-12€/m². The price of property in Berlin on average increased ~32% from 2015 to 2016 and for the next ~5 years they expect another increase of about 50%. The annual increase in income on average though is at around ~2%. Currently the people in Berlin on average have to spend 21% of their income for living space costs (rent or credit debt payments), it's higher though for expats.

Small world. I've been freelancing for Wooga for the past 2 years, most of it on site which is why i moved to Berlin.

kvoram, Azzart and Kumabjorn like this.
  6. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Whenever you get here, first round is on me... [​IMG]

I guess like @Azzart, it's seen as a friendlier version of the US, maybe a little less exciting (general perspective, not mine). Also, thinking about it, seeing Canada as a combination of the UK and France seems like an apt comparison, not just language-wise. The one issue I personally would call you guys out is on the matter of fighting climate change, you should have done better....

Purchasing closer to the inner city is very expensive. Most people who have that kind of money are more likely to buy a house in the suburbs. There is also some public resistance to selling out the inner city.

The one bad thing about Berlin is that everything around it is flat. But it is only a 2.5 hour trip to my mother's side homeland, the Czech Republic, and there I have the Ore Mountains.
    For a truly wonderful scenery, I have to go my father's side homeland, Slovenia. I love the beautiful countryside there.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Azzart likes this.
  7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Is it as good a place to work as it looks?

8. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a hard time giving a straight "yes" because Wooga has been changing a lot in the past two years, like every company transitioning from a startup to something more structured and especially a company facing it's first really hard times and layoffs. This transitionary period has not been without bumps and i personally just recently decided to work less with them in the immediate future. But it is the first company for which i was willing to work for such a long duration and on site nonetheless, and i'm still open to working with them in general.

Azzart likes this.
  9. Marty

As I feared, we live in the shadow of big brother... :(

Here's one thing you can't enjoy in the States though:

Maple Syrup snow—even winter up here has its upsides. :)

All I know is that I'd drive to Sweden too, just to get your vanilla cookies...

[​IMG]

Vaniljkakor, making children in North America fat since c.1920. :D

Kumabjorn, nnthemperor and Azzart like this.
  10. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Touch screen was broken. This is already my second replacement within 6 months. My best investment is now quickly turning into my worst investment.

Based on its average life span (~2-3 months), I couldn't help shivering, knowing that it will be broken the instant the warranty expires and there goes your $$$$ in just a year.