Surface Pro X Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah I heard a customer call the Pro X the Surface RT2 yesterday ....

Nothing absolutely fact based but more reading between the lines of what I've been hearing as seeing lately, but it sure seems like MS has already moved on more towards the Neo and Duo

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I propose "WILL WOA WILT?" :p

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Interesting side note, seems like some older threads are now automatically locked? To the point where a user can't even delete or edit old posts? :vbconfused:

2E066BA1-8F84-4937-B592-1C3DBC6EED19.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Marty likes this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@JoeS : For some reason, many of the older threads in the Windows 10 forum are locked. I don't know why, but I speculate that one of the mods was responding to a wave of spam postings as there seems to be a large number of deleted posts in that forum.

Anyway, I have unlocked the subject WOA thread...

Marty and JoeS like this.
  5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Fast / 19577.

6. jhoff80

Agreed. I didn't even care about performance updates to be honest. For what I use it for, it is snappy. But the GPU crashes or some of the major bugs I mentioned in the previous post like the pen button being unreliable? I definitely expected firmware / driver updates to make this thing more stable.

7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Weird, it installed fine for me....bummer

To be fair they are less at least for me, I was getting them consistently on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, switching all 3 to PWAs seemed to improve the video issue.

8. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, I don't recall this having ever come up in this thread, but I just realized I have a unit with the staircasing pen problem. I just had to ask Steve or any others could do a pen test in the Surface app like at 5:18 in this video and tell me if you have it.

I also figured out from an earlier part of that vid that I have a slightly misaligned top bezel -- there's a gap where a lot of crust particles can fall into and you'd need a needle to scrape them out, unlike the other three sides, and I can look down through it to see some silver internal components at a certain angle, so I'm thinking this is grounds to head to the MS store to push for another exchange. I'm not sure if it's related, but the pen cursor does err towards being slightly offset at the top, particularly when next to the camera area, but that was passable on its own. I need to find out for sure, if nothing else, if the staircasing is hardware related.

Marty likes this.
  9. jhoff80

I agree that they're less, but that's not much consolation 4 months from launch. And I can fairly consistently reproduce it just by opening the gif search in Discord... but I do also see it a lot in Twitter too still. Probably once per day. Which is better than the once per hour I was getting.

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The guy in the Surface Pro 7 video with the issues mentions he has the issues with "the Surface pen and the Wacom pen." Unfortunately he is demonstrating with neither of those pens. He appears to be using the Renaisser pen.

I am not sure it matters or not but I just thought I would mention this detail because it may or may not have an affect. I have a Renaisser and like it with my Go but my inking is far less complex than what this gent is talking about.