Surface Pro X Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

He, or whoever he got that unit from is violating MS NDA which is until November 1st. MS isn't as vicious as Appple when it comes to that, but whoever enabled it probably wont be getting any future advance looks.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I believe you've found the perfect loading screen image for the entire CC suite really. :D

dstrauss and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

This sure looks like the Surface Pro X ssd, but in a 1TB super-size Anandtech

[​IMG]

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  5. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder why they have to withhold other information on the specs, especially regarding the screen and pen. I'd be curious to know if they'd managed to shave the IAF down from whatever they last had it at (I think it was 9 grams).

I know the screen isn't going to be professionally calibrated but it sounds like the color will be damn good based on the past. Still would be good to know if it's higher than the usual 75% Adobe RGB.

Makes literally no sense as far as I can tell unless they're somehow still working on it (impossible) or they want to do the press a favor(?) to get those clicks up for when the real reviews come pouring out.

I'm not actually that concerned with IAF, though. Once you customize the pressure curve in CSP, practically everything these days feels great.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  6. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

SPX. A beautiful device. The SP tablet line in general is pretty beautiful.

I'm too addicted to devices with full clamshells though, which are super handy when you are using the device on your lap. I guess I just feel a bit safer when the device is more lappable/feels flatter and more stable on my lap?

I could see how plenty of business users who always have desks would not care at all about lapability though.

Clamp shells really aren't light enough though (even the lg gram 2 in 1 is still 2 and a half pounds I think) and it seems in practice no one wants to mess around with the surface book's latch mechanism. My 15 inch surface book is almost never used as a tablet- I still enjoy its extremely bright and big 3:2 touch display though, its the best display I've used by far.

If windows 10 apps were a bit better, the SPX would be a really slick work and play device. Let's as you download the windows 10 reddit app. You want to download a bunch of images on some reddit pages- oh, but right clicking and saving the image brings up the dialog box, asks you where you want to save it and what to name it. You can see where the friction starts. With enough context, an app should have options to be able to streamline things given your inputted preferences. An ipad or android tablet has no full OS, so apps are made to be streamlined off the bat.

7. sitoudien

sitoudien Pen Pal - Newbie

Snapdragon 8CX running games. There is hope for the X

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

"We don't give all the money to intel, so we can make a better pc!"

Yeah, okay. MORE PROFIT!

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Looks very slick. 961g, 2.12 pounds, in actual laptop form. Does that thing yoga and support ink? But yeah, back to the point, looks remarkably fast playing Asphalt, the way an iPad looks remarkably fast doing that. Nice.

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Sadly it's just a normal laptop, which is a bit of surprise from Samsung since they have like 4 Chromebook devices that Yoga with S-pen support.

JoeS likes this.