Surface Pro X Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Good tips! Would you also get a prorated refund on the Complete price? Or even a full refund?

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Just don't know on that one - would assume prorated at best...

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

if you returned the product int he original box and not damaged it would be a full refund.

4. dstrauss

I was referring only to Complete Care - @metalsiren is absolutely correct on the full refund - absent any damage to the unit. That's why I recommend the "insurance" just in case.

metalsiren likes this.
  5. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, it is nice but every time I look at it I wish it had 360 degree hinge, especially because of its relative low weight vs screen size.

, that is an interesting question. Though I am one of those odd ducks that want a 2-1 that has a decent gpu, but lets say they both have a good gpu (igpu's are getting better so I have hope :) ).
    Advantages for me:
    x1 yoga: serviceable/upgradeable, larger screen, port selection, no translation for win32
    pro x: way less weight, 3:2 screen, shape more natural to hold as a tablet

I think I will go for neither xD and instead I think will be more drawn to the 13 or 13.5 inch Surface Pro clones or perhaps a newer Pro. But if I have to choose the x1 yoga for my primary device and the pro x for a secondary device lol.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  6. dstrauss

I agree with you on this except for weight. When you add a nearly 1 pound type cover/pen to the Surface Pro X, total weight is between 2.6-2.7 pounds on the Surface Pro X, my fully loaded X1 Yoga is 2.98 lbs - awkward size-wise but not weight.

JoeS likes this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

This is the reason I'm on an X1 Yoga 3 and not on the X1 Tablet. And yet I want a tablet as well, and in desperation bought a Galaxy Book 2. Still waiting for that one super hybrid that can do it all.

8. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, wait that keyboard is 1 pound :eek: . My pro1 keyboard is less than half I think. (or does the pen weight much?)

9. dstrauss

I could be wrong, but read it was close to 1 pound - still, even at .5-.7 pounds still not much difference

10. sitoudien

sitoudien Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone explain why the OEMS are Luke warm to making detachables? After initial interest, they've abandoned them. Dell still has one. Chinese brands make ultra low end models. The big brands have discontinued them or have outdated models. SPX is everything I want except the high price. Whereas the competition?