Surface Pro X Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I seriously hope a fix for the palm rejection with the pen (ie the staircasing) is coming out in the first half of May. Unfortunately I still haven't seen them list it as a known issue when I read Windows Central articles on updates. Someone mentioned that the issue with the offset pen cursor that plagued the Pro 5 or 6 wasn't fixed until new hardware was released (it might have been the first Go), so there's hope the same thing may happen with the upcoming Go 2.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. Wiz

Wiz Pen Pal - Newbie

Still no sign of the update here .. I had part of it in the 4/9 batch in Insider Slow ... But the rest is still missing .. :-S

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...But is your SPX any better after brain surgery?..>>

If something's changed, I haven't noticed it, yet...

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

It's kind of funny that I just now mention this, but I recently noticed my Slim Pen's tip will move when held vertically and bearing down with a higher degree of pressure. It's like a buckling/plunger/mouse click effect. I just had to check in to make sure that's an intentional part of the design, which I'm pretty sure it is.

I can't lie, I'm not sure I like it, either. I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm not immediately able to ascertain the purpose of it, although at the same time I still think it's a great stylus and I would - or rather will - be having a better time when the staircasing bug is solved.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Nah - I just read that as "If we can sell cloud services in decade two to Linux users as well, we'll go there too, just like MacOS, iOS, and Android. A sale is a sale." Look how Apple has already pushed subscriptions enough to fill in the slack of a global technology purchase shutdown...

So sayeth the cynic...

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Don't know if this is good news or bad, but $400 off the 8gb/256gb model of the SPX at Best Buy...

OOPS - sorry - just PM'd that sale has disappeared...

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

What is it with disappearing sales these days? The nice Costco Surface Go 2 bundle also evaporated. Maybe Memorial Day sales that were accidentally published early?

dstrauss likes this.
  10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

According to my Best Buy contacts they are selling out because of two things, supply disruptions and stimulus checks. Not just affecting best buy, but Office Max, Costco, staples etc. as well