Surface Pro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

BEST BUY ALERT

They are clearing out a lot of open box "stuff" between now and February 2 (fiscal year ends 1/31). You can get an extra 10% off by printing a coupon at http:\\www.bestbuy.com/instoreclearance.

I found a Surface Type Cover for $105, $94 after 10% coupon. Now I'll see for myself which works better, and return the unused. I have to admit the Type Cover is not as thick as I had thought.

They also had two white Type Covers for $69, $62 after coupon. I just know they'd get dirty quickly, so not interested personally.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I've been looking at a number of these USB 3.0 docks with the displaylink cards. What I'm wondering about is whether video will saturate the USB connection so that data transfers and printing suffered? If that's the case, wouldn't I be better off with a 3.0 hub and using the native mini displayport output of the Surface Pro.

4. GaresTaylan

GaresTaylan Pen Pal - Newbie

For what its worth, not sure if this has been mentioned yet... but I went to return my RT today and I was able to do a no money down pre-order for a 128gb surface pro at my local microsoft store today. I have a receipt from the store as well as a surface pro voucher that they had.

These were in the back, I guess they just received them in the last day or so.

photo.jpg

5. oscarlucy

oscarlucy Scribbler - Standard Member

I called both of my local Microsoft Stores today, and neither of them were doing pre-orders...

6. GaresTaylan

GaresTaylan Pen Pal - Newbie

It may be a store by store deal, since the voucher I have is for a specific location.

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Wow, there are places with TWO local Microsoft stores. Thought they were spread thinner than that =P

Edit: was it a no they aren't currently or no not ever doing pre orders?

8. brokenlax

brokenlax Pen Pal - Newbie

Man I really wish Amazon would stock the Surface Pro. I've literally got like 3k collected over the years that can be put to good use.

Instead I'll probably have to buy it from marketplace sellers that'll grouge the price to hell. Really dumb that Amazon doesn't sell competitor's tablets just to get people to buy their own inferior locked down tablets.

9. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The video gets compressed to help relieve that bandwidth crunch, but yes.

10. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, some BBs may have them already, but maybe the official pre-order date will be the 30th/31st. That would be a 10-day lead in, much like the Surface RT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.