Surface Pro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winkyeye

winkyeye Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if there have been any improvements to the battery life on the surface pro 1 since reviews from its original release. Most reviews quote it as having 4-5 hours of battery on light use.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds about right. The only obvious way to improve its battery life is to attach a power cover.

3. winkyeye

winkyeye Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm so the pro 2 gets 7-8 hours of light use with the same battery?

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

IvyBridge vs. Haswell will do that to a machine...

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Most of that article is a press release. The first paragraph is the only part that is the authors, and is rubbish (to use his term). Market saturation does not equal failure. The only failure was assuming average users would adopt a smart phone like upgrade cycle. Netbooks never sold a fraction of what tablets have.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My friends that own iPads are not upgrading, simply because they don't need to. They are very satisfied with their devices and the improvements in newer models really don't affect their usage, hence they don't feel the need to upgrade. Obviously the end result is that the market for iPads become saturated. Those who owns Android devices, including myself, are maybe a little more prone to upgrade as the range of models are wider and prices are low enough that you can afford two devices for the price of (the latest) iPad. Personally I have both a 10 and an 8 inch galaxy note. But since new penabled devices aren't coming to market, the need for upgrades aren't there. My latest craze has been Windows tablets, this is like an emerging market, they have lagged behind and now that they finally become available it is only natural that the Windows segment will experience some growth.

Since Windows, fair or not, is considered a productivity OS, I think you'll see corporations looking into this more and more. Perhaps not in the U.S.where BYOD is more common than Europe and Asia, but the latter markets have been slower in introducing tablet implementation on a corporate level, but not an individual. Hence, as corporations and bureaucracies begin to introduce them I believe we'll see reasonably strong growth in tablets geared towards productivity.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.