Surface Pro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's by design, but in 8.1 there's a setting to change that. I'm not entirely sure though, it might be a 'Precision Trackpad'-only setting, which Type Cover 1 doesn't have.

2. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm... That is terribly annoying. I couldn't hand it so I returned it for the touch version as that works fine. Its a little different but in the long run I think it will serve me well(so thin!)

3. davey

davey Pen Pal - Newbie

Staples has a 15% off all technology coupon... and they sell the SP3 :D. Better than the student/educator discount!

Staples Coupons: Coupon Codes & Printable Coupons | Staples.com®

Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to technology only, including printers. Excludes all ink and toner, Beats, gift cards and Staples® EasyTech(sm) and SquareTrade® warranties. Limit one coupon per customer. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards.

4. davey

davey Pen Pal - Newbie

Also 20% off accessories coupon on that same page... might this include the SP3 type cover?? I dont know, staples is too far way from me. But $104 for the cover sounds pretty good. If anyone can confirm this worked for them (especially a preorder) I will make the 1.5hr drive.

5. JimB

JimB Scribbler - Standard Member

Online not allowed and my Staples conveniently does not stock them.

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

7. wasabiman123

wasabiman123 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've had a Surface Pro 128GB since launch, got the 2 year accidental warranty too. I want to go swap it, it has this weird yellow stain or something on the right side of the screen. I'm in SoCal so going to the Microsoft Store in Century City, was wondering what they'll give me as a replacement device... As long as it's not a refurb I'm content. And I'm pretty sure there's none of my model left either, so I'm thinking it would have to be a Pro 2, since those are probably still in circulation.

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ahhh the yellow stain! My MD's old Pro 1 had the same thing.

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I saw this, but with Satya Nadella and Panos Panay confirming that all of the accessories of the SP3 will be compatible with the SP4 (Keyboards and Docks, etc.) I don't think they will go any larger, specifically because of the Enterprise Market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.