Surface Pro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

As promised, here's a thread to collect Surface Pro discussions and comments.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The clover trail tablets are amazing for battery life. They also hold their own quite well in terms of performance, yes at times they lag a bit, but in my experience you can throw quite a lot at them, Office, Photoshop, etc. I wish Microsoft made 2 versions of their Surface Pro, one of them a clover field one. I'm still going to buy the Surface Pro, it will serve me well until hopefully Microsoft puts in an atom CPU.

4. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish Lenovo would make an 11.6" Yoga with an Intel Atom Z2760 "Clover Trail" processor instead of the ARM based Nvidia Tegra 3 they currently have chosen.

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just looking at the pictures, I will say that I prefer the port placement on the Surface RT, but that won't be a real issue I'm sure. I just preferred power, USB, and video all being on the same side (and if audio was there it'd have been even better), and the Pro moves the USB port to the left side of the device. Also, the hidden microSD slot behind the kickstand is pretty awesome, I feel much less concerned about it popping out at that location, and the Pro has an exposed one.

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I feel much less concerned about it popping out at that location...>>

...Off topic, since this is supposed to be about Surface Pro, but nonetheless, a war story:

If you've read my RT mini-reviews, then you know I have been critical of the RT's microSD socket. A bit stiff, was sort of my comment. Well, I wanted to transfer some files to my RT and I decided to do it by pulling my microSD card and writing the files from my desktop computer. So, without a care in the world, I smartly depressed the microSD card into the socket with the edge of my fingernail and, upon removing my fingernail from the edge... the microSD launched itself into space, apparently in a bid to escape my tyrannical use by going into orbit.

Except my shoulder intervened, and when I glanced over, the micro SD card was clinging for life on the fabric of my shirt! A little higher, and I'm pretty sure that micro card would now be orbiting, sharing space with that Russian comm satellite that didn't quite get high enough...

Needless to say, I'm going to be a lot more careful in the future (and so should you)...!

7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well, I suspect that the Pro will have a slot that is just as springy as the RT, but with it being exposed, it seems like it would be more likely to go flying somewhere. Of course, that's just pure speculation though.

8. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

I doubt that the card is going to be jumping out on it's own. The slate 500 has an exposed sd card slot and mine has never came out unless I removed it.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

So, the max space you can get is 128gb, or will 256gb option at some point?

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Both? I haven't heard anything about a model with more than 128GB, but that doesn't mean they won't come out with one at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.