Surface Pro, any way to play lower res games on display at fullscreen?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by johnnobts, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

can play a few games at 720p pretty well, but cannot play any of them using the fullscreen display, just leaves black bars all around the game. Obviously cannot run Skyrim at 1080p with the HD4000, anybody find a way to scale games to fulscreen yet?

2. paulnelson88

paulnelson88 Pen Pal - Newbie

[video=youtube;a6SdtJbNK0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6SdtJbNK0c&feature=share&list=UUsy8Eoiym7nKWFKYaBCw7vw[/video]

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I thought I had a solution to this. I used to be able to change the windows(not game) screen resolution to 720p and it would scale to fit the screen, now (I think after an update) changing the windows screen resolution also produces black bars just as already happened in games (Civ5 in my case).

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

5. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

Success! Used the driver link you provided and installed (did not uninstall original intel driver) and the usual integrated intel gfx tray with options was now accessable. able to play games at lower res in full screen. Halo Combat Evolved on a surface pro is pretty awesome.

6. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have to change a setting in the control panel or does the driver update just fix the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.