Surface Pro 8 - Speculation and Rumors

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jul 9, 2020.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

TB4 and all are cool, but MS would be great fools sticking with the same tired design and not iterating to the Pro X design, period.

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

2. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, I am fairly certain they are going to decrease the size of the bezels for Pro8 (considering they also could do it for the Go2).
    Making it thinner however, I think that will not happen since they still need space to cram in an Intel/amd board and battery (I personally would also prefer an usb-a port over a thinner device).
    I am also curious if they are going to bring changes to the pen or ways how it charges or holds the pen.

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thinking about it, MS might be able to get away with one more release in the same form factor. Add TB, increase screen res and people will still buy.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not Pro 8 news, but apparently Microsoft is looking to release a lower cost Surface Laptop for the holiday season. They could just release this on its own, but this at least confirms they are unveiling/releasing new hardware this fall.

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-sparti-budget-clamshell-laptop

12.5 screen, 10th gen i5, 64GB, 4GB Ram with price range of $500-$600. Given the Surface Go 1 & 2 are the most profitable items in the entire Surface Line-up, its not surprising they would refocus on the low end price scale. Since its my understanding that bulk corporate sales are the bread and butter of the Go's sales, I'd imagine a cheaper laptop would also do quite well.

Chris_Kez likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We heard, just a few minutes ago there may be some type of pro announcement as well, though ZERO details.

darkmagistric and Bronsky like this.
  6. darkmagistric

I know you shot these hopes down before....but lets all collectively pray to the Tablet PC gods for Thunderbolt 4, Slim Pen Keyboard, and Redesign/less bezel.

dstrauss likes this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

If we're at all lucky we may get two out of those three, but my guess it would be the last two...

8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

They at LEAST have to adopt @darkmagistric's suggestion of a Slim Pen Keyboard - I knocked teh pen off my SG2 in my bag again and didn't have it in a meeting! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

darkmagistric likes this.
  10. darkmagistric

That article is Pertaining to the 28w i7-1185G7. All the Surface Pro’s, heck the Pros, Books, and Laptops have been all been using 15w...Is this an indication that Microsoft will be at least packing more power hungry CPU’s in the lineup?