Surface Pro 8 Discussion Thread (October 2021)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 22, 2021.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Yes, welcome to the forum club! There is a wealth of knowledge and even greater excess of nuttiness... with perhaps myself slotting the most into that nutty professor category. You honestly couldn't ask for a finer collection of tablet fans in our merry ragtag band of followers. Let me tell you that I learn a lot here! There are folks here who have been vocal in the online computing discussion circles since the dawn of the Internet--and some even predating that by a good decade or more. My favorite part is while we might be nutty, we are (mostly) civilized. We won't berate and burn you at the stake for "dumb" questions (there isn't a dumb question!). And we won't downvote you into oblivion for a disagreement. If you're a tablet PC enthusiast, this is the ultimate place for you to join the discussion.

2. Martenfur

Martenfur Pen Pal - Newbie

So we trade thunderbolt and removable ssd for tiny unholdable bezels and dongle life. Why can"t we just have nice things?

Tams, sonichedgehog360 and Bishop like this.
  3. Eltos

Eltos Scribbler - Standard Member

Eh, everything is going to the double usb-c thunderbolt anyway...Macbooks have been there for quite a while....

It's not so bad. It is kind of handy being able to plug in my keyboard, mouse, monitor, and power through one usb-c on my SP7 now--and that isn't even thunderbolt 4.

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Will be curious to see the extent to which TB3 peripherals will be compatible with TB4.

6. Martenfur

Martenfur Pen Pal - Newbie

As someone who uses a macbook at work, it IS bad. Trends don't mean that people should just give up and not push back.

Tams and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  7. Eltos

Eltos Scribbler - Standard Member

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use the Surface dock at home and work... so I'm probably 'not' thinking ahead. Although, I do have a USB C to usb A adapter on my work dock.

9. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Not bad. I use this one:
    Amazon.com: Anker USB C Hub, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter, with SD/TF Card Reader, 3 USB 3.0 Ports, for MacBook Pro 2018/2017/2016, Chromebook, XPS, and More : Electronics

...on my Lenovo m90n. It gets me some USB-A and the SD/uSD reader.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

...hmm...I feel that might be an error either on Best Buys end of Microsofts End, because Microsoft isn't offering that config.

On the Microsoft Store site, for that same $1399 price, you can get i5/16GB/256GB or i5/8GB/512GB

Maybe the Best Buy config has the wrong ram?