Surface Pro 8 Discussion Thread (October 2021)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 22, 2021.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In our ofiice max business portal, same item number says 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD :(

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Which is what I'm expecting. Clearly a mistake on their end, so this is more an exercise in seeing the lengths they will go to rectify their mistake to the customer. However I feel my position is stronger in this case because even if they try to justify that model would go for a higher price, Black Friday of all days is the absolute worst day they could have made this mistake. I just assumed it was a black Friday sale, and its not like the mistake was miswritten in just one place, the link page itself, the product description, the purchase e-mail, and the shipping notice all say 16GB/512GB.

Best Case scenario, someone on their end sees the mistake and sends me a 16GB/512GB model.

Worst Case scenario, they send me an 8GB model and I forgo some of my precious time to sit on hold for a representative where I will ask for a manager and Karen the heck out of them. They were clearly in the fault, and they could at that point offer me an exchange of the 16GB/512GB model, or I'll just get a refund.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Love this phrase.

4. JoeS

JoeS New forum: bit.ly/newTPCR Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  5. darkmagistric

I mean, I can't escape their advertising. Even on Facebook this $1199 deal for the 16GB Model won't leave me alone. I can't be the only person who saw this and saw the clear deal that they were offering.
    pro 8 deal.JPG

sonichedgehog360 and nnthemperor like this.
  6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My ITSavvy SGo3 and SP8/Slim pen 2 bundle arrived today. Now waiting for the day the SP8 will finally be available. I changed my order to the i5/16/256 SKU for an extra $120. For now though, will make do with the wifi only SGo3.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  7. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

One new note on the Pro 8. I'm not sure it justifies the price differential, but FWIW we certified the 1TB SSD option for the Pro 8 and it is the fastest (especially read speeds) that we have tested in that specific form factor.

It's not the absolute fastest SSD overall, but is definitely top tier, unlike the 256GB option which is mid pack at best.

nnthemperor and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  8. darkmagistric

Well, it arrived today

8GB/256GB as expected

Was careful opening the shipping box and air pockets. Will be calling them tommorow. Wish me luck

bloodycape, JoeS, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
  9. darkmagistric

So got home early from a party, and tried calling the toll number on my invoice. Wasn't really expecting anyone, but the toll number is Mon-Friday only.,

However they have a disclaimer on their site saying for the Holiday Weekend, they have live chat support for extended hours until 2am. I put a message in 20 minutes ago and nothing, guess I'll try again in the morning.

One thing that is unfortunate is that I lived within driving distance of the two Office Depots in NJ. And their return/exchange policy for online purchases extends to the physical stores. I bought a computer chair from one of those stores just a few months ago, so it would have been a simple thing for me to just return the Pro 8 to their physical store.

And as fate would have it, they just very recently closed the last two NJ locations permanently. Nov 13th, just two weeks ago, ain't that just sucky.

Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My bet is on them asking you to return the item, but I would quiz them on honoring the deal in the original advert. Maybe claim you missed another better deal because of this?

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk