Surface Pro 8 Discussion Thread (October 2021)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 New forum: bit.ly/newTPCR Senior Member

nnthemperor and Azzart like this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

sonichedgehog360 and nnthemperor like this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  5. sonichedgehog360

I am certain it is given the naming of the product and it also just hitting the product listings.
    This I am less certain about but I am 99% certain it is because (1) it is a brand new listing and SKU that was just released, and (2) it has the same MSRP as the Alcantara Type Cover and Slim Pen 2 bundle. I have one on order.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    nnthemperor and Azzart like this.
  6. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I realize the wait is hard, but OTOH. I can tell you it's definitely worth the wait. I've had my work provided unit for just over two weeks now and continue to be very impressed.

It's not hyperbole to say that this is by far the best Surface yet, and perhaps more arguably the best Windows tablet.

It's one of the rare sequels where almost everything is improved, display, battery life. connectivity (having TB for me is huge and MS mostly nailed it first try) and the new slim pen 2 is a noticeable advance even for a more casual pen user like me.

Ok I'll stop enthusing now :) it's just rare, due to my job, that I'm this impressed.

Kumabjorn, perry59, weaktoss and 6 others like this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Better than a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, or a Hallmark card. :thumbsup:

Kumabjorn, nnthemperor, Eltos and 2 others like this.
  8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Horsesh*t.

9. sonichedgehog360

That comes as high praise! By the way, you were totally right about even Apple not being immune to the electronics shortages, with it now beginning to impact to their entry-level iPads. I noticed yesterday that all variants of the iPad (the latest non-Air/non-Pro one, that is) on CDW except for one of the 256GB Wi-Fi variants are backordered there. So I would not be the least bit surprised at all if many enterprise channel tech purchases will not be fulfilled until the beginning of next year.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    desertlap likes this.
  10. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah I actually thought we'd see it sooner than we have, but OTOH I wasn't expecting it to be as broad as it's turning out to be either.

We had one customer that had a $60k order with Dell and Dell cancelled it because they couldn't provide a firm delivery date.

We've also heard through the grapevine, that it's the reason Samsung is delaying the Tab S8 series until next year. And also we heard this morning, both the Pro 8 and Studio are going to be virtually unavailable at retail as we get closer to Christmas. TLDR if you want to buy one and find one, buy it now.

PS: For the same reasons, be prepared for some sticker shock for new models coming in Q1/Q2 2022

nnthemperor and sonichedgehog360 like this.