Surface Pro 7 Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. jangaru

jangaru Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone seen crashes in Desktop Window Manager and Surface Service on Reliability Monitor? When I do, I get one-two second video card crashes usually right when I use my pen. Thankfully hasn't happened today, though it was bad yesterday (one whole minute) on a clean install of 20H2.

I have also seen jittery screen/blurry text during Zoom calls (+ OneNote and Word or Word and Edge are also open) when connected to a second screen. A restart usually makes it go away. Strangely enough no logged events in Reliability Monitor nor Event Viewer.

2. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

So I'm thinking of replacing my SP4, the one with failing battery, for an SP7. I think the SP4 going to fail soon, as now the screen has started having yellow streaks on both sides, which I read is from the battery expanding.

My SP4 is 16GB i7 512GB, and I'll need something similar in spec. I'm not really up to date with the latest tabletpc's. As well as the SP7 what competitor's tabletpc's with similar form factor would you recommend I consider? Are there any with user replaceable batteries? Or does nothing else come close to the SP7, and I should just not waste my time looking at anything else?

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Good question! If you want a kickstand and a detachable keyboard, I think the Surface line still rules that land. Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wait a little bit longer for the SP8! Hopefully, by then the price of the SP7 will fall.

darkmagistric and cbutters like this.
  5. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Hopefully there will be some good deals now.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Thats my plan. My Pro 5 still works, and as much as I want that stupid USB-C port, (USB-C chargers all over the house) my Pro 5 still works fine as is, I'd rather wait till the 8.