Surface Pro 7 Discussion Thread (October 2019)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...do any SP7 owners have any advice on what issues to look out for?..>>

@ZiZuM3D : My Pro 7 has been trouble free. The only thing I can think to mention is the pen "staircasing" issue that was brought up a while ago. Whereas some Pro 7s seem to exhibit very noticeable step increases in line density with pressure, my Pro 7 doesn't seem to be as sensitive...???

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The dock annoys me ever so often. You might not have one, but could be considering buying, but please know that it can often require a power off/on slap. It could be the monitor, but I'm not the only person that has random issues. Nothing bad, but still annoying. You might wish to, instead, go for a random usb c hub (Good luck though!).

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

No such problem with the M Dock and Gen 1 or 2 Go.

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I've continued to have this problem and have been losing my mind the past few months. I did find out just recently that Slim Pens with unresponsive eraser buttons need to be exchanged for new ones; that is not going to get fixed with any firmware update, apparently.

I've been wondering if part of the reason for the silence on the staircasing issue with MS is because it's going to turn out to be a bad batch of Pixelsense chips and cost a fortune/generate a ton of waste. Horrifying thought... Either way I'll just say it has been killing me and I debate whether or not to incur the trouble to turn my Pro X over and switch to iPad every. single. day....

The crazy thing is I swear I saw just the other day a fresh YT video on why the Pro 7 is "great for illustrators." Either the dude still does not know about this or it is truly not widespread, and if it's the latter, that's actually rather disheartening because it would mean I have to do something instead of wait for that wondrous day when the right firmware update appears.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unlikely, that sale is for the worthless i3/4GB model. The decent i5/8GB model is still at its normal bundle sale price of $799. Amazon is however undercutting both MS and Best Buy by offering it for $782.

As much as I would like to see a Pro 8 hit, I doubt that the reason for this sale. Not that MS couldn't surprise us, but I doubt they would break from the usual October refresh, especially if it ends up being the more substantial overhaul we all want. (fingers crossed).

Marty likes this.
  8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not likely coming unit spring 2011 when the 11th gen core I will be more broadly available.

And spoiler alert, those hoping for a Pro X type redesign are going to be very disappointed.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why must you destroy all hope?

I can't say I'm surprised....a spring launch for yet another mouse fart of an update is just so flipping typical of 2020 at this point.

dstrauss and desertlap like this.
  10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So it’ll be Surface 3+++++?

dstrauss and DRTigerlilly like this.