Surface Pro 4 Predictions

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

alextrela182 and Bronsky like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

What's uncool about that? My wife and I have that discussion daily and the little Bronskys have to sit and listen, praying that we don't turn to them and ask what they think.

sajjad04002, Mesosphere and dstrauss like this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Me thinks dstrauss freaks out on internet media reviews because he was raised with computers when those reviews came in PC Magazine, PC World, Byte, Computer Shopper and whatnot. In those days a reviewer had some time between presentation and deadline to think, test, check with colleagues and worked under an editor who force fed them journalistic integrity. Then came this internet fad. World wide link pages, instant access, stressed out editor who gets their first ulcer by 28, no one is willing to pay for those reviews thus the reader is no longer part of the economic equation. And when that is the case no writer cares about them anymore since we no longer pay their meal tickets. Can't really blame them for looking out for number one.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

gcoupe and excalibur1814 like this.
  4. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

No mention of which processor line they are using in that Dell XPS 12, just a guess by the author.

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm very doubt it will see 10 hours real life battery live,except maybe light browsing with 10% brightness level.

We need beyond the much battery efficient Skylake CPU,much efficient panel IGZO or Amoled,much efficient memory(ddr4)ssd storage and little more battery capacity maybe 44-45mwh.

And of course much battery friendly OS(Windows 10) because as it is today it's an issue with worst level than 8.1.

MS must do the best effort it can do in all level.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Luft likes this.
  6. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

I think it's a time and place thing:

Junior high school cafeteria=very uncool

Online Microsoft forum=cool, but you're preaching to the choir

Bronsky family dinner table (if I may)=whether cool or uncool, ensure maximize embarrassment for the "little Bronskys"

Bronsky likes this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

A breath of fresh air from PC Magazine of all places:

Apple iPad Pro - Where's the "Pro"?
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2491038,00.asp
    "Oh wait. Apple didn't quite follow that recipe, did it? Surface RTs were selling for under $300 and under $200 near the end. Apple wants over a grand for the high-end iPad Pro, and the keyboard and stylus will run you another $300. So its, "Please, come buy our device that's too big to deliver on the primary mobile benefits of a tablet but too underpowered to run the full desktop productivity apps you like—and please pay us the same money you'd pay for a full-on ultraportable while you're at it." Only Apple can deliver that kind of pitch while simultaneously telling me they've redefined personal computing."

Kuma - that's not why I have such heartburn - the heartburn is SOLELY the result of dissing Microsoft's design decisions and whether or not the keyboard is included - then sucking Apple and lauding it's incredible decision to do THE EXACT SAME THING (even worse, pen(cil) is extra $99 and they are still running an anemic mobile OS). I don't care a rat's patootie that they love Apple gear, or whatever their opinion is, it's the insufferable two-faced attitude trying to bring down Microsoft for the same exact thing they exalt Apple for...

8. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Will the Surface Pro 4 come with a 16 GB ram option?

9. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Its within possibility,yes.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Luft likes this.
  10. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

As a long time tablet pc enthusiast AND iPad carrier I can tell you that one big differentiator (other than brand) is going to be apps. For my money Manga Studio on my Toshiba Encore or Fujitsu t904 is the most capable and favorite drawing/painting experience, but its complicated. The painting and sketching apps on the iPad are superb. Apps like Procreate (and many others) have a beautiful paint engine, work fabulously in multi-touch, have simple lightweight UX, large user base, and can easily generate a recorded speed paint video. Ultimately the results will speak loudly and visibly. So what we are going to see is a whole bunch of highly competent professional artists, designers, and visual fx types generating amazing demonstrations once the iPad Pro comes out. It will be as though a whole new generation of artists/designers have discovered fire. So brace yourselves.

I understand that the pro artists market is much smaller than the pro business market but Apple will use the early artist enthusiasts to generate amazing viral demo material and create an aura of magic around this product. Clearly Microsoft wants Onenote and other productivity apps on this platform or they wouldn't have been on stage at the launch.

The iPad Pro makes me more excited about the possibilities for Surface 4. Microsoft has to step it up a notch on hardware and certainly they knew what Apple was bringing out. But they really have to fix the application ecosystem for entry and mid level people now that Apple is in the surface business.

efjay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.