Surface Pro 4 Predictions

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Hi-tech, religion in the 21st century.

Skickat från min SGP412 via Tapatalk

2. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, the good news is that the iPad Pro made me realize I will never get an Apple notebook/tablet until they come out with a product running OS X that directly competes with the Surface Pro 4, a device that will likely be at the top of my Christmas list this year (assuming the battery life gets up to 10 hours or more). I love my Surface 3 but the Atom SoC is a little slow when it comes to video encoding, something I've recently taken up (video editing then encoding for output).

So now I'm looking at the SP4. Hopefully Skylake fixes the battery life issues with Windows 10 and/or MS releases updates that mix that as well.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Very rarely disagree with you Kuma, but this is one of those times - this is more like politics - and the fact that the mainstream press is almost exclusively in the pocket of one party, regardless how stupid their ideas/positions are...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Maybe American politics with your true believers and Tea Party movement. In the rest of the world it is more like religious dogma. In politics we are accustomed to pragmatism and compromise.

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

bloodycape, dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

OK - last post for today, because I'll lose my mind if I keep reading this $#^!:

From a fairly credible Mark Hachman at PC World:

"For now, the iPad Pro's hardware specs are arguably a tad superior to the Surface Pro 3's. But while Apple may claim to have “reinvented” the idea of a productivity tablet with the iPad Pro, Surface owners know where Apple found its biggest ideas. We expect Microsoft to one-up Apple yet again with the Surface Pro 4."

Although he pulled it back in the end, to even suggest the iPad Pro's hardware is superior is folly. Other than higher screen resolution, the Surface Pro 3 has it beat on operating system, system ram, onboard storage (up to 512gb), USB 3 output, DisplayPort output. You don't even get a Type C connector with the iPad Pro - just a single lousy lightening connector...

alextrela182, Kumabjorn and Bronsky like this.
  6. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nail hit firmly on the head.

I have no issues with, in all honesty, ANY of the reviews above but what I AM doing is keeping tabs on how much Apple gets a free pass. It's annoying and frankly, getting very old. A reviewer should always be impartial and I can see that 'that' is difficult as we all have our favourites.

I wait for the reviews and add as I go along.

I'll also add the Surface Pro 4 reviews to the chart as that'll be the same year and around the same month (Probably).

P.s. To me Apple is the attractive buxom blonde that everyone wants while, once with her, doesn't really do that much especially when you could go for the equally buxom dark haired lady that's dynamite in bed (Until she overheats). Google is the tramp on the corner offering you new and exciting things every single week yet then takes them away.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  7. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

This reminds me of arguing Mac vs. PC at the lunch table in jr. high school (and that one guy with an Amiga trying to get a word in edgewise). Yeah, my friends and I actually did that, more than once. It wasn't until much later that I realized how uncool that was...

8. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

Let's look at the review site makeup. They make money off advertising. Apple gets the most hits. Apple also only provides products to sites that "support" them for review. They are usually the only ones that get invited to these press junkets. To get the hits that feed their families, they need to keep that relationship going. Is it right? No, definitely not. Does it happen. Yes. Should you get upset about? Maybe, but there are plenty of other sites that don't take Apple's word and see that they aren't infallible.

Look, I find a lot of the writers I've met to be really, really nice and good people who aren't biased. Unfortunately, the ones at the larger sites are usually not very (I'm trying to put this nicely) "friendly" and will be biased to what pays their bills. Yes, they will go after one product to prop up another. It's too bad it happens and that's one reason my site doesn't have any advertising. We don't need to cater to anyone so we are free to say how we really feel.

And Apple's not the only one here who's said things and then turn around and do the thing they said they wouldn't. Every company does. It's whatever's making them money. It's also their marketing job to make these products appeal to the masses, not to the more informed users out there. So they will stretch the truth a lot.

You'll just give yourself upset stomachs to even try and rationalize it. For me, I have better things to worry about and that is if the Surface Pro 4 will have all the features to suit my needs. I don't care what the competition is doing. I don't care that others think Apple invented it first. All I care is if the product is solid and is built for my needs and I hope that the Surface Pro 4 is going to be road warrior I want for developing, writing, and entertainment.

Microsoft has been doing a good job with the Surface line. I just hope they take these things that people say about Apple and use it as motivation to come out with the best product possible.

BTW. I am a Microsoft/Google person. I program in C# and I own Android phones and I write reviews on a Dell XPS or Dell Venue 11 Pro :) I rolled my eyes many times at the Apple presser.

And to bring it again back around to the Surface Pro 4.. one more month to go and I hope we're all happy. A Microsoft store just opened up by me and if the Surface Pro 4 impresses me like I hope it will, I'll be there the first day to pick one up.

Kumabjorn, Bronsky and dstrauss like this.
  9. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, I had 3 Amigas.. I loved my Amigas.. Amigas were the bomb :)

10. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

You can't compare the iPad Pro to the 4th gen intel processor used in the Surface Pro 3 and at lease one site said as much. They went on to say that the only fair comparison will be to the 6th gen intel skylake which will be used in the surface pro 4 later in the year. They also mentioned they fully expect the SP4 to be back on top at that point.

MS wouyld be doing themselves a favor if they were to stop wasting any mor time..the SP3 has run it's course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.