Surface Pro 4 Predictions

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

This article is interesting since it covers both ipad air& pro and Surface 4 and is written for a stock investin audience. Nothing new here for Surface watchers. But this Surface 4 discussion is more interesting when contemplated through the counter-strategy lens of MS and Apple who must anticipate what the other is doing next in the high end productivity tablet space. Between ipad's rumored advanced stylus and the Universal Stylus Initiative (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/one-pen-to-rule-them-all.66197/) Microsoft must be hot to keep their surface momentum rolling.

Microsoft Corporation's Surface Pro 4 vs Apple Inc.'s iPad Air 3: What Investors Should Expect
    May 27, 2015
    http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...corporations-surface-pro-4-vs-apple-incs.aspx

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is one of the advantages having surface line tablet.
    Actually I remove the recovery partition on SP3 and make full clean install in one basic partition C and now im having 8gb more storage.
    Of course I'm having backup the ISO at external usb drive if something wrong with windows and need to perform refresh or reinstall.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

3. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

4. alextrela182

I don't think that you are minority.
    Me to Broadwell Core M is deal breaker.
    On the other hang I'm very pleased with SP3-S3 and I think it will be the perfect combination for at least 1 more year until SP5 and Skylake as my primary tablet/PC device that I used most of all.

5. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

I think more likely they'll get Skylake ahead of market like they did with S3 and Cherry Trail.

6. alextrela182

I believe in the next 2 months will know exactly what SP4 brings.
    With Skylake under the hood probably I'll upgrade otherwise I'm waiting SP5.
    I hope brings all the technology that Intel premises like wireless charging,ddr4 ram support,WiGi,USB C(2 ports or 1 USB 3.0+1 USB C).

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

They didn't bother with Broadwell last year with the SP3 when they IMHO should have, and unfortunately fear they'll do the same and go with end of life tech again.

8. chongsen

chongsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo will release their first windows 10 tablet on August. Surface pro 4 has to be the first Windows 10 device. I do not think they get a chance on skylake

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I agree. These things are always 1-2 years in the making (1 if not a form factor change, 2+ if more), so very unlikely they can fit in the new die and motherboard changes required by SkyLake. I would love to be wrong (well, not "love") but I think we are headed to Broadwell on this go round. Just hoping we open up the overhead and give us a 16gb/1TB option like a full blown MacBook Pro.

PS - MICROSOFT - ADD THE PRICE OF THE TYPE COVER TO THE UNIT AND SHIP IT IN THE BOX! For crying out loud, why keep suffering the incessant whining of the tech press and naysayers about "not the real price" or "not the complete deal." Besides, NOBODY wants a Surface Pro 3 without the Type Cover.

bloodycape likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Interestingly, by not bundling the cover in with the tablet, MS may have stimulated its own aftermarket. http://www.winbeta.org/news/new-third-party-keyboard-surface-pro-3-cheaper-comes-its-own-battery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.