Surface Pro 4 prediction + expectation

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ptrkhh, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could write anywhere in the first versions of
    Tablet for Windows.
    I wonder why they dropped that.

RitePen is the closest thing to that feature.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Mainly because it didn't work very well...

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I'm sure Google is waiting, but my guess is they aren't a legitimate threat outside tablets and phones. Sure the OEMs can make the devices I'm just not convinced people will buy them in significant quantities. I've personally never seen a chrome book in the wild.

4. jnjroach

Unfortunately Chromebooks are making in roads in K-12 which could impact the future...

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Which kind of brings up another part of this. While MS may be loyal to the OEMs, the loyalty doesn't seem to be mutual. The OEMs seem to be willing to make competing products anyway, so what is MS's loyalty actually buying them? The OEMs don't seem to require loyalty in order to sell items running an OS. It seems to be purely a function of whether they can sell it. The OEMs are already pushing their Android tablets more so than their Windows tablets.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

So, why SHOULDN'T Microsoft double down on becoming the "Apple" of the Windows world? Stay at the premium end - cater to us devoted Weeple (analog to Apple sheeple) and let the chips fall where they may. Particularly if you are going unleash Office and the other parts of your strategic vision are being unleashed on iOS, OS X, and Android.

7. jnjroach

Microsoft still needs the OEMs to cater to the rest of the Windows Public like the NBR crowd, they for the most part hate Windows Tablets and for this crowd that wants Keyboard Docks :)

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I understand that and agree - but still keep the pedal to the metal on the Surface brand - no one in the OEM universe is going to deliver this kind of quality and design, so just keep it coming...

twitfri likes this.
  9. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

All I want in the 4 is wacom.

The SP3 is basically perfect sans that piece. That said I think I can live with the improved n-trig found in it.

I personally love the direction MS going with the SP line. But I was also a little disappointed with the screen size increase. I found the 10" to be the perfect size.

2d

twitfri likes this.
  10. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

That's my rub as well, the SP3 is bigger than is convenient for my needs (yes, I spent time with one at Best Buy ;) ).

Not sure if there is much hope for us however.

Broadwell though, that's what the SP3 should have had and why I won't buy one... it's old tech stuffed inside, everything else will be released with a Broadwell CPU that is better..... same reason the SP2 was such a nice improvement over the original.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.