Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep, not only did they go functionally backwards by not giving granular control, they made it worse by forcing you to cycle through the brightness settings to get to the one you want. So it's late at night and I have to wake my wife up just to get it down in brightness, although in reality I end up going to the brightness settings so I can put it to 0%. MS really made some very odd decisions with Win10. It's almost as if they forced the engineers to change things just to look different, instead of focusing on functionality.

efjay and alextrela182 like this.
  2. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I sold my SP3 i5/8gb/256gb for $900 on swappa, I'm pretty happy with that seeing how I got $150 off educational and 10% off movers coupon when I bought it. It sold literally about 2 hours after I listed it, making me suspect I listed it too low. It's worth a shot, I couldn't see you getting less that 1100 for it.

soh5 likes this.
  3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Do you know how much for an S3?

4. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Personally sold my s3 on Craigslist list for 600 but that was a month ago.

5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Also the video drivers I installed are better but still have issues.. system froze and said recovered..that did not happen on the old drivers.

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like $250 for all S3 models, plus $100 if you trade towards a SP4.

Anyone know if trade in deals work in the store as well?

7. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes one of the many stupidity things MS done with Windows 10.
    8.1 had so many useful elements and functionality and better and much more balance between desktop and tablet UI and it's gone.
    And for what, probably for that old start menu MS destroy all other useful thinks.
    WTF since they could easily give them the start many, eliminate completely tablet mode for not touch device and that's all.

Everyone would be happy now.

MS could just give more customization option to everyone to bring the UI to they need.

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Thats interesting.
    Thanks doc. I signed up and listed my i7. Hope people buy it. Its nice I don't have to pay a listing fee!

9. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Cube i7 Stylus is killing it. Still tempted to look at the SP4, but I have to say the Wacom EMR on this tablet might be the best I've ever had. Edge drawing is great and its accurate. Even with the gap between screen and glass. I'll post some vids this weekend. Only annoying thing was installing brand new windows to get the Chinese version off, ha-ha.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sonichedgehog360 and Bronsky like this.
  10. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Download the GestureStudio app which is the best thing going for any Surface tablet, and assign one of the gestures to brightness control. You don't see a slider when you use the assigned gesture, but screen brightness increases/decreases smoothly, not in steps (though sometimes with a bit of delay). I'm telling you, it will revolutionize how you use your Surface.

And no, I'm not the creator or an investor :p.

spinedoc77 and Mesosphere like this.