Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

What trade in offer are you referring to?

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

goto the microsoft store website. you cant miss the banner that says trade in for up to 700$ and an extra $100 bonus if you buy a SP4

3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Seems you could get more if you sell your SP3 or earlier model...on ebay or here on this forum...and that little twist of words "up to" means that they could give you but a fraction of that $700.

4. dgeffs

dgeffs Pen Pal - Newbie

And you only get $700 for an i7 with a 512GB drive. All the others are much less. I can do much better on eBay and sweeten the deal with two chargers and 3 pens plus the typecover.

5. soh5

For people who are lazy and don't wan't to deal with craigslist or ebay this is a decent option. Of course they arent gonna offer you $700 for the i3, but I am expecting that they are offering the $700 for the higher end models.

6. MrGreeves

MrGreeves Pen Pal - Newbie

They are offering me $250 for my Pro gen 1.

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Just checked, $700 for sp3i7 512, $550 sp3 i7 256. Supposedly another $100 if you go with a new SP4.

Damn tempting...

soh5 likes this.
  8. soh5

It works for some people, it wont for others. I like that there is this option and I may just trade this in because of that deal

I just don't know how many people would be willing to buy my SP3 i7 for $1400 when they can just get a new device for that much anyways.

9. jangaru

jangaru Pen Pal - Newbie

My step 7 had a different name. But Windows automatically picked the right file as once I selected the graphics folder it only showed me one option.

Fix works great! No more tinting. I think it might have even fixed my occasional single pop sound whenever I saw flash videos on Firefox/Edge/IE 11. No display crashes and I can have automatic screen brightness enabled. Thanks! I hope the news outlets pass this fix around so MS support can put their efforts on other issues.

10. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Maybe not 1400 but even another hundred or two would make a difference. To me it is only the convenience factor. Guess it depends if you have enough money to throw away.