Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Uh huh, yea...

So what do you guys think a good over/under would be? Two weeks prior to launch??

soh5 likes this.
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I give it 3-4 days before release.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just saying that if the device is awesome and amazing it is a lot more fun coming to that conclusion on my own. Getting it stuffed down my throat I feel like a goose ready for slaughter.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Oh I agree, but I think the masses want to be told what is awesome (and magical).

5. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Would love to see benchmarked specs of the m3 vs i3-4020Y.

If you don't consider 0.3" screen increase and slightly lighter/thinner build a big deal, and realize the i3 is practically fanless (making silent operation a moot point IMO), an i3 + new type cover and pen may be the better buy for the time being.

That's if you're looking for a lower powered, best price/performance option.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give in to his taunts to order!

Remember all you mockers - I control the over/under. If I wish to order sooner, I will bring out the Amex. If I wish to stall past release, I will withhold the purse strings. I will control the over. I will control the under. I can unroll my wallet, make it FedEx. I can change my mind to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next 20 days, sit quietly and I will control all that you see and hear. I repeat: there is nothing wrong with your thread. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The Outer Limits - of my Amex card.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    revmike, HeavyHanded, Bronsky and 6 others like this.
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Maybe, but lets not forget the i3 only comes with 64gb of storage while the M3 has 128gb, which may makes a difference for some. Not to mention battery life should be improved. Though of this does come at a extra price.

8. Kumabjorn

Let's be honest here, some clearance bargains around Black Friday or Cyber Monday for the SP3 with the new accessories like tethered dock, fingerprint keyboard and enhanced no charge pen will make a lot of bargain hunters giddy.

dstrauss likes this.
  9. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it just me, or is the stress on his mental filters already already making itself clear? This does raise the question of how much this board will affect the over/under. If all of the early adopters start posting unboxing videos, raving about their shiny new detachables, moaning with pleasure at 1024 levels of pressure... it seems unlikely dstrauss would maintain much control of anything.

On a somewhat related note, for those of you sharing an Edmonton address with me, the Microsoft kiosk at Southgate Mall has the new pens on demo now and will have 4s on demo tomorrow. For those of you thinking about upgrading your pen (like me), the... I dunno, clerk?... on the phone told me he's "sure" there are backward compatibility issues using the SP4 pen on SP3s, which was not what I thought, but who knows right now. He did try to stick a 4 pen on a P3 and said it stuck, but not very securely. He didn't know when the Books would be on demo.

10. Kumabjorn

I love how we in about 12 hours gone from all out apple fanboy cheerleaders to serious stochastic sceptics and over wireframed glasses peeking critics.