Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. jangaru

jangaru Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have a SP4 without backlight flicking/throbbing at low brightness? My launch day device (@ anything below 20% brightness) and the refurb I got under Complete (anything below 13% brightness) to replace it both exhibit this, so I wonder whether I should continue playing my luck or sell my refurb and try another brand device? It's frankly a bit annoying not being able to use my device at night

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yes, lots of people apparently.. :( Congrats on joining https://flickergate.com

upload_2018-1-14_9-8-37.png

3. jangaru

jangaru Pen Pal - Newbie

I looked at the thread and the link you posted but I am not sure if I am seeing the same flickering issue. My issue does not affect readability of text, nor exhibit ghosting like in the photos etc. There is just a slight throbbing of backlight on a white screen that you need to look at closely at low brightness. So that's why I wanted to see if anyone here has a device that is (usable at night) without the backlight throbbing at low brightness.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it's not the same issue, what you're referring to is an issue relative to the adaptive brightness. It's been a longstanding software glitch unfortunately AFAIK there hasn't been a fix yet.

Potential fix

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018