Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'll check that out this afternoon. Despite all my whining and bellyaching, the SP4 is still one of, if not the best, computers I have ever owned.

2. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here. I use 'Save and Exit' if I know I won't return to the doc for a while. Otherwise I usually hit 'Save' before closing Drawboard. I haven't noticed any missing annotations in the few years I've been using it regularly.

3. dbrn

I got some kind of driver update yesterday - 1.0.65.1 - and now Hello is completely disabled. Settings actually says 'Hello isn't available on this device'. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggested solutions out there?

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anyone else experiencing this?..>>

...My SP4 is at home right now, but I'll check this afternoon... unless someone else responds sooner...

dbrn likes this.
  5. dbrn

If anyone else here is experiencing this, I found a reddit thread that indicates that Microsoft is aware of and (possibly) working on a fix for this. The thread includes suggestions by someone identifying themselves as being from the MSFT camera team for how to attract more of their attention to the issue. The only current fix seems to be rolling back your drivers, which is, of course, just temporary. :mad:

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anyone else experiencing this?..>>

@dbrn : Checked my SP4 earlier today. I received the Cum Windows Update (distributed today) but no driver update. According to my history, the last driver install was 22 July (the update that included several drivers).

Needless to say, my SP4 seems to be working normally and Windows Hello is also functioning normally...

dbrn likes this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@dbrn - Same here guys. Windows Hello still working very well (knock on wood) - in fact the whole system is "Stable One" (let's see who knows what that means).

dbrn likes this.
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Promised myself I wouldn't fall into this trap, but now I get back home after starting at few bottles of wine, life just isn't fair...

Azzart likes this.
  9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

That sounds like a sticky update. Hopefully, it installed smoothly after you got it and left no surprises at the end.

@Kumabjorn There you go.

Azzart likes this.
  10. dbrn

Thanks for the replies. I wonder why only some people got that driver update. Don't SP4s all have exactly the same camera hardware and Hello software?