Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll have to take your word on Word, but I'll give it a try at my next opportunity. I gave up on it completely with my SP3, to the point where I'd either copy and paste in Onenote or save as a PDF. What are your difficulties with Drawboard? I find it pretty perfect and reliable. But, maybe lawyers have very specific (read: billable) annotation needs that academics don't.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

No real "legal" requirement - the design is just complicated and it can slow down like molasses in January at times, even on my 16gb i7. Sometimes I don't have time to convert a Word docx to PDF, so I need to edit as I visit with a client. I also have problems with annotations disappearing at times.

3. dbrn

Guess I've been lucky with it. Either that, or your name is Dale :rolleyes:.

dstrauss likes this.
  4. dunami

dunami Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anybody using an external pen display tablet with their SP4? Particularly a Huion? Does it require you to remove the surface drivers to use it or can you install the Huion drivers and go back and forth pretty easily?

5. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree that Drawboard is a bit confusing from an interface standpoint... maybe you have to have the Dial to solve that. But with only a small number of programs using the dial, I've not bought one. I tried several different ones and came back to it though, because ever other one I tried the inking interface was horrid. The bad part about Drawboard to is that it doesn't come with a preview, so you can't make it the default viewer for PDF if you want previews in explorer.

dstrauss likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I had this problem in one of the early versions of Drawboard but haven't lost anything in quite some time. Is your version up to date? I tend to use the save and exit button. I use drawboard for most everything. It's only the very large files or functions like Bates Numbering that drive me back to Acrobat Pro XI.

dbrn and dstrauss like this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'll check that out this afternoon. Despite all my whining and bellyaching, the SP4 is still one of, if not the best, computers I have ever owned.

8. dbrn

Same here. I use 'Save and Exit' if I know I won't return to the doc for a while. Otherwise I usually hit 'Save' before closing Drawboard. I haven't noticed any missing annotations in the few years I've been using it regularly.

9. dbrn

I got some kind of driver update yesterday - 1.0.65.1 - and now Hello is completely disabled. Settings actually says 'Hello isn't available on this device'. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggested solutions out there?

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anyone else experiencing this?..>>

...My SP4 is at home right now, but I'll check this afternoon... unless someone else responds sooner...

dbrn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.