Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I'm shopping for a HDMI adapter for my Surface Pro 4...>>

...As a generality, I usually look at StarTech for such things, but if you think that the Surface HDMI adapter is overpriced, StarTech prices will outrage you! Probably best to take sonic's advice...

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks dstrauss. I now have that Surface Pro 4 you linked me to the other day. I am trying to get the pen to have pressure sensitivity with Corel Painter 2017.
    I have a question. How do I turn off that facial recognition thing that happens everytime I start or restart? I would like to disable the password requirement on restart and sleep also. I know many say we should leave it on but I find it cumbersome. Thanks for any link to solving this.

My type cover arrives on Monday and I ordered a sleeve also...and a pen tip kit. I like the size and the feel of this tablet. If I get the pressure sensitivity issue worked out I think I will really like this Surface Pro 4.

3. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I think I may have your solution.

Visit this link.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=49498

Download, extract and install "Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip." This will enable stylus pressure sensitivity in Wacom Pen compatible programs.

Let us know if this works out for you. Best of luck and welcome to the Surface Pro 4 fam!

Chris_Kez likes this.
  4. michaelws

Yes...Wintab worked. Thanks. Any info on disabling facial recognition and password?

5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Go to the Settings app->Accounts->Sign-in options. Under Windows Hello, you can select Remove to remove the facial recognition. Under Password here as well, you can also change the password. I believe you can set it to be left blank as long as it is local (that is, not tied to a Microsoft Account).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. michaelws

Thanks Sonic. I will do that. I think i already signed in under my Microsoft Account. But I will google how to stop the password requirement. Thanks so much for the reply and the help. The facial recognition was not working. It would try and then fail and then tell me I needed to sign in with a pin, and it only once took me to the pin screen. The other times I had to swipe the screen and that then took me to a screen where I had to choose between three other forms of authentication...one being the password.

Thanks again.

7. michaelws

All fixed. Thanks for the help.

8. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

I am in Surface hell with a multitude of problems. The battery won't charge reliably, the touchscreen is dying, the keyboard only works with encouragement, system restore is non-functioning, the wireless connection keeps crashing, on and on and on.

I originally bought an SP4 and promptly returned it because the fan sounded like a vacuum cleaner. This one is a replacement, which I've had for 4 months. I didn't even have time to install all my useful programs before these problems arose, which I think were instigated by a round of Windows updates.

I've spent at least 60 hours unsuccessfully trying to resolve all this stuff, not including almost an entire day on the phone with MS tech support, whose ultimate solution is to do a reset. I've been dragging my feet partly because I'm going to have to repurchase some software, I'm going to lose Office 2007 and have to upgrade to that POS Office 2016, and it's going to take forever to reinstall everything again. I spent almost 6 hours copying files yesterday. This Surface crap is taking over my life and I'm ready to pitch this device into the trash.

Rant over.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I don't understand why you should lose Office 2007. If you've been able to connect an external CD-ROM drive you should have no problem repeating the installation.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.

10. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

The license key is now expired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.