Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm sure there will at least be an 8gb/256gb SKU - there is currently (although it is that godawful Apple gold) so there is is no reason to believe they won't have one this time. Personally, I'm a file hoarder, so 512gb would be my preference, but since they are using a mSDX slot, I can make do with my 256gb that Samsung let me keep for test driving their hand warmer...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    sonichedgehog360 and Marty like this.
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Love my Maroo case for the S3. They make one for the SP4 as well. Has a magnetic flap and an interior pen pocket and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the Surface. Got mine at the MS store. https://www.maroo.com/store/Surface/Surface-Pro-3--4/MR-MS3307

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  4. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone know of places where I can look for a surface pro 4 refurbished. I am looking for an 8gb model. Reputable outlets! thanks.

5. dstrauss

Microsoft has a Refurbished Store - i5/8gb/256gb $849

sonichedgehog360 and michaelws like this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I just installed Creators Update 15063, upgrading from Anniversary Update. I don't know exactly what Microsoft did but pen latency is now perfect and imperceptible. Maybe this is due to the recent Surface Pro 4 firmware and driver updates and not Creators Update. But the very, very slight pen lag that I used to notice with my Surface Pro 4 is now non-existent. What I mean is when I draw endless circles extremely fast in OneNote, the pen trail now follows always right behind the tip without any noticeable gap. The pen latency on my Surface Pro 4 m3 is now near-zero.

PhysicalTherapyGuy and dellaster like this.
  7. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks dStrauss...I just bought that one. The one you linked me to for 849

8. dstrauss

Enjoy! Looks like a pretty good deal.

9. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Haven't been here in a while but have a query;
    I'm shopping for a HDMI adapter for my Surface Pro 4.
    I don't want to spend the money on an official one as I think they're way overpriced.
    I bought a super cheap one from eBay, but it doesn't work.
    Is there a middle ground here? Are there any HDMI adapters that are sensibly priced and work with SP4?

10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

If you don't need 4K at 60 Hz, I have been using this BlueRigger one for an extremely long time without any issues (since my Surface Pro 2, I believe) and it only costs $6.99:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QRA5IY/

As a general rule of thumb, BlueRigger, Mediabridge and Amazon Basics accessories are well-made, reliable, have great warranty coverage and yet are very inexpensive. For example, my BlueRigger has a lifetime warranty but it has never given me any trouble at all.

If you need HDMI 2.0 features including 4K at 60 Hz, my Father tried all of them from the major brands and the only consistently reliable one he found is the Club3D model. All of the others, including a highly rated one by Plugable, drop out audio if you change from a video with one audio format (e.g. AC-3/Dolby Digital) to another video with a different audio format (e.g. DTS HD Master Audio). For the HDMI 2.0 capabilities, the Club3D will cost you a bit more, though, at $25.99.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BQCUGW/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.