Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

can i SUPER like your post???

dstrauss likes this.
  2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry to hear that but Wacom pen on Note is like a toy for under 5 years child to play with it.:p

Once keep it for few minutes and feeling was total childish (Note 4)

The same feeling had with Asus Vito Note 8 for a month before sold.

I want something strong,durable and premium feeling and Note pen don't provide that.

Too light,too plastic,too flexible.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@alextrela182 - I'm sorry, but you are just WRONG! It is not intended to be your primary input device, but IT IS ALWAYS THERE - like yesterday morning when I realized I left my pen on the breakfast table. Luckily I was coming to the office where my spare resides, but what if I had been going out of town or to court or to any other destination?

I'm inherently lazy, so it can even be as simple as taking it to my office or bedroom at home, and leaving on kitchen table - that quick note means I have to break my train of thought and go back to get it...

Selofain, Mesosphere and Zeelobby like this.
  4. alextrela182

Yes for not primary used would be useful having it but again Samsung should had make it more strong and durable.

I don't like the all feeling using that kind of pen(one of the main reason I give my Asus Note after one month)

Sent from my iPad Air 2

5. dstrauss

I can understand that, but I also give them a pass on that because there is no way to "beef it up" and still keep it in the body of the phone. You can still buy larger Wacom pens for longer writing sessions, BUT I don't think you'd want to write on that smaller screen for an extended period.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

does not negate the fact that Samsung can get the EMR into a ridiculously thin device...which kind of hits out with Microsofts reason for switching to N-trig.

I wouldn't want a stylus that tiny for primary use...and i've said as much before about the whole line of Galaxy Note products, but it can be done as a backup pen.... AS Toshiba has done in their Portege line for years...even the Z10t/WT310 has the secondary stylus in the body of the device

7. alextrela182

Yep having silo it's great but I would prefer better design that would make it even perfect.

For short time taking is very useful but long term not,you need largest screen and more durable and strong pen.

I wish Samsung after all that year had find way to improve that but again it's the only proposal out there and the all package offering is worth and overall great.

Wish had more competition on this category.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Exactly how I use the GN5. I use it with a Samsung S-10 eraser pen when I'm in the office or somewhere that I have access to my briefcase. Otherwise, I use the resident pen. I did the same with my old AVN8 (M80TA). I have oft considered getting another one of those tablets to use solely as a portable device. But, I don't really need it with my GN5 and Surface 3 combination. Since I carry the S3 in a case which has a pocket for the N-Trig pen, I seem to always have it nearby when I need it.

9. dstrauss

@Bronsky - what do you think about the new GN7 - would it be worth the upgrade, or would a refurb GN5 be a better investment - I really like the idea of the mSDXC slot on the GN7...

OOPS - sorry - hijack not intended - let's carry this over to the Companion for Surface thread...

10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.