Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Ugh. I constantly have to do a cold boot on my Surface Pro 4. I always get a blank screen when trying to wake it up.

This is quite frustrating, and its gotten to a point where I need to start saving my documents prior to putting my computer to "sleep".

I say "sleep" because my SP4 sleeps very hot, loud, and likes to rumble around a lot in my bag with the fans whirring up.

Pretty horrible experience so far with the surface pro 4. I am actually eyeing up the TPY260, I cant understand why this issue is so hard to fix?

2. Big'Un

Big'Un Pen Pal - Newbie

Would you say this is a connected standby issue? If you hibernate, does it still happen?

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Current production needs...
    [​IMG]

Zeelobby likes this.
  4. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

Having just this morning changed my power settings to only hibernate, I can say it still happens when using hibernate instead of sleep. Just had it happening after I tried to wake my SP4 after a hibernate.

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000014f (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000100, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000004f4d524d). "

5. Big'Un

Big'Un Pen Pal - Newbie

Wonderful. Sigh. I want one of these, so badly! But, all the issues...

6. dstrauss

Well, I made it through a nearly two hour conference without the pen quitting, but it used up 81% of the battery, and the fan has been running non-stop ever since I plugged it back in (3.5 hours ago).

How precious...

7. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My Vivotab 8 does the same thing, so I have a feeling it's endemic to windows, or possibly to the intel graphics driver. The 2/17 update didn't fix it for many, for me it actually made things worse and my SP4 blackscreens MUCH more often now, and I've tried all the beta and older Intel drivers. I agree, it's nuts to have this level of issues on such an expensive flagship.

I've been on redstone and I've noticed some improvement but it may just be day to day variance.

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We have a few intel NUCs in work and... Intel needs to REALLY put more effort into drivers. Heck a global Intel graphics driver would be nice or, even, an easy way to get the latest driver just like nVidia.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  9. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, I have become a fanboy. Something I have always tried to avoid. I got another SP4 at a good discount, even though I had returned the last one just a couple of weeks ago due to wake up/sleep issues. I just don't know what else to get. It is a great machine, but please MS, fix those issues so that I can look into the eyes of Apple users once again ;-)

10. dstrauss

How do you do that when they are always looking down their noses at you?

Koryand'R likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.