Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

It was fixed for the majority, me included, so I can see why it is down as fixed. Are you running the correct firmware? I recall that those that continue to have a sleep issue didn't actually receive the fixed firmware.

2. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

My Dell venue 11 pro does the same thing sometimes. Still on windows 8 on that one.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  4. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

That is what MS claim, but many of us with the updated firmware are still having this problem. See here for an example of many users complaining about the same issue, even after the correct firmware update: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...aed66dc7-289a-4300-a167-ab8394b7df06?page=144

5. dstrauss

IT IS NOT FIXED - some of you are just lucky...

@ElectronicFur - I replied to your Microsoft Community thread as well - as if it makes any difference to Microsoft. I'm tired of being told they are working the problem hard - if they were the team working the Apollo 13 mission those poor guys would still be orbiting the moon!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  6. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Apollo 13 used a workaround just like a Surface user. Hard reset works, crew and Surface saved (for a moment) ;) Bad comparison ;)

Zeelobby likes this.
  7. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW I've now set mine up so it always Hibernates, rather than Sleeps. I'm hoping that will work-around the issue. Some people still report issues with Hibernate, but I figure it's worth a try.

8. dstrauss

No, it is a perfect comparison - there is no "steely-eyed missile man" at Microsoft, so they never would have: (1) figured out the sling-shot return, nor (2) gotten the square canister connected to the round hole, and would have suffocated to death.

Microsoft - just keep pumping all your resources into cloud and multi-operating inter-operation and choking your Windows users to death. Who knows, maybe someday we'll even be running Office on Linux (the shame, the shame).

PS - In fact, Microsoft would have opted for the direct-abort attempt to return them home, blowing up the rest of the service module by trying to restart the main engine...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Zeelobby likes this.
  9. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got my brand new Pro 4 and to my surprise it's 1601 lot number!!!
    Wow it's earlier of April and got first week on 2016 manufacturing unit.

The battery was completely dead(0% battery indicator)I had to be charging while doing the Windows/firmware update and setup my programs/app and so on.

Everything from the unit sound excellent so far(no dead pixel,not even light bleeding only very-very small spot at down bottom of the screen.

Almost 99.9% perfect condition(better than 3 unit returned last December)

But as I said do you find normal getting 3 months old manufacturing unit???

I was expecting earlier March at minimum lot number for example 1608-1609.

At least it came with 1511 pre installed and not had to do upgrade from July version on Windows 10 just like December units.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

10. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I expect large manufacturing runs occur right around device release, and then it's a trickle after that. This is true of most devices. Like when everyone makes a big bru-ha-ha when Apple reduces device manufacturing quotas halfway through a release cycle like it's some massive failure. That's just how most things go. I also wouldn't be shocked if sales slowed with all the update, battery and driver woes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.