Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I just make an order from ms store.de the i5/4/128 version with 100€ discount +free type cover 4(in black).
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...epage_Hero_1_SP4+freeTypeCover_P2303_19032016

Nice deal since I can't find a better alternative proposal.

I was thinking Elite x2 but not supporting connected stand by is deal breaker plus not very high quality screen and you can't simultaneously charge the device while connected to external screen.

In the other hand Thinkpad X1 Lenovo is totally joking not releasing until mid to end of April the device.

Releasing device 3-4 months after announcement is total ridiculous.

Samsung with TabPro S not having kickstand,only one usb c port,crappy keyboard with no backlit plus a risk with Amoled with burn in issue no micro sd all of that is deal breaker.

So hope to be lucky this time with no any kind of issue especially hardware-defective issue.

My first attempt within December was totally failure when return 3 unit(2 m3+1 unit i5) due defective/hardware issue.

You should return it back.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  2. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Is that a surface pro 4 really? I see no plastic part in mine. It's just the magnesium frame and the screen.

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They are all like that, held on with glue. I can pull mine up fairly easily in some places, I just tried and you can actually hear the glue break apart if you pull with just slight force. I'm assuming it's magnesium, but it sure feels like plastic.

4. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

The strip along the top with the buttons is plastic. The Bluetooth and WiFi antennae are behind it so the RF can get to them. It wouldn't work if it were metal.

That strip on my SP4 is solidly glued in place along the entire length. I would take it in for exchange if I were you, it shouldn't be loose like that.

Big'Un likes this.
  5. Big'Un

Big'Un Pen Pal - Newbie

First, good advice, totally agree. Second, points to you for spelling loose, correctly.

6. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've had 4 of them exactly like that, I guess I just got very unlucky. The strip doesn't come right off, but it very easily flexes towards the front and in some spots lifts away. I've been meaning to warranty exchange mine since it's such a POS with the black screens and battery life, but I get peeved that I will lose my Skinomi skin.

7. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

Just lost 44% of charge over night sleep. WTF? Another annoying issue is screen freezes from time to time. Power button resolve the issue (putting device to sleep and waking it up again) but still - WTF? I really like form-factor but I would not recommend Surface to anybody at this point. Get you **** together, MS (

8. alextrela182

Wow that's unbelievable.
    Well I'm waiting my brand new unit till Friday I hope everything is 100% rock solid and bug/defective hardware issue free.

My last change to MS and SP4.
    No more beta testing after so many months availability.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

9. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been using my Core M SP4 for a few days now, usual, with the wifi dropping off at least once but that's not the only thing...

I HAVE backlight BLEED

I ran into the street crying, SP4 clenched firmly to my chest, dropping to my knees screaming wildly with distraught frustration. I ran through the shopping mall, through Asda (Wallmart), tears flowing, but then I realised one dramatic thing... Pretty much most of my machines, over the years, had the same issue. I then calmly carried on with my day as it didn't affect me in any shape or form.

True story.

10. alextrela182

Light bleeding is very common on majority of decide including SP4.
    It's not deal breaker to me.
    Unless if it is huge percent.

Dead pixel on the other hand is deal breaker to me even only 1 dead pixel.

Sent from my iPad Air 2