Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

2. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

checked and my i5 is using the latest firmware driver... so I guess we will all be testing sleep today :) ohh the fun.

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

almost 2 hours and no power loss in sleep after the update....

4. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you plug an external monitor into your SP4 and have no issues with flickering or blue screens?

I have to be able to work with a decent monitor when I'm not mobile. If I can't solve these issues in the next two weeks I may have to return my SP4 and go back to using the SP3.

Which would be a pain, as I've now invested a lot of time in getting my dev environment up and running, and getting everything moved over to the SP4.

But for me these issues, which stop external monitors being used, make the SP4 completely unusable.

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is it the same with all monitors? If so it sounds like you have a faulty display port.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I do not (have not) had this issue with mine. I have variously run a single 2560x1440 mDP monitor directly off the port; two daisy chained off the port; and two through the dock; and in none of these situations have resulted in screen flicker nor blue screens. I have used my SP4 with a Cable Matters converter to run HDMI as well.

Zeelobby likes this.
  7. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

No issues with latest Windows 10 update, did fix the Surface App for me however which I appreciate.

8. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

For those still getting the black screen of death after the latest Spro4 update, try Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B
    It looks like it resets the display. You can do it with your SPro4 on and see it flash.

Before it was Windows+P but the above seems to work for people.

9. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Two directors, in work, have used their SP4 with external monitors for weeks/months. One via a SP3 dock and a sp4 dock.

10. davidwes

davidwes Pen Pal - Newbie

Still pleased with my i7 sp4. Sometimes after big ticket purchase I will think "well I could have bought that", but not this time. Love the kickstand. Wish my iPad mini had one. The weight and aspect ratio are conducive to holding in one hand so it's a good tablet replacement and with keyboard and full OS it's a good laptop replacement.

In order for apple to compete for my money they would have to put full mac OS and kickstand on iPad pro. I am surprised can't even have two safari windows open side by side.

Microsoft, for its part needs to continue to encourage ios and android app developers to make metro versions especially now that the OS has firmed up (no more major changes).

alextrela182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.