Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could try a newer version of the above drive or trying to install from other OEM too.

As I can see now the only minor issue is the lack of customizable the surface pen over surface app.

But one thing missing from SP3 is the Windows button.
    Wake up screen from power button of Hello its frustrated to me.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

2. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Folksies, my Surface App does not show the stylus' button com configuration at all, only pressure sensitivity. I have the latest Surface app but I as I have previously said, I'm still on build 10240. Could that be the factor or should I look for the solution elsewhere?

3. wasabiman123

wasabiman123 Pen Pal - Newbie

My Lot 1550 i7 is doing good so far, but one oddity is that on the top bezel the plastic part for the antennae isn't totally well aligned with the class bezel, the plastic edge is raised a bit so it kind of juts out. I don't mind, doesn't affect usability, probably an interesting manufacturing variance.

4. ptrkhh

ptrkhh Scribbler - Standard Member

I have tried dozens of drivers, mostly devices with no Start/Windows button, but no luck. The Volume Down button still acts as the Start/Windows button no matter what. I tried drivers from the Miix 700, Spectre X2, XPS 12, Acer R3, etc., yet they all behave the same. Interestingly, the Windows 10 drivers from some of those devices (some dont have 8.1 drivers available) do indeed work on 8.1, unlike Surface's own driver.

I think MS modified the driver a little bit, it just doesn't make sense to me why would they do that apart from screwing us up.

But at least I could wake and sleep the device now. That's good enough for me, still a better experience than W10 with proper drivers.

5. benjammin

benjammin Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been playing around with the camera a bit and found that when I'm casually holding the SP4, the camera has its issues focusing, but when the SP4 is still (either resting on something or being held very steady) the camera seems to focus just fine most of the time.

I was expecting it to be as fast and forgivable as the iPhone camera, but it's not...

Sorry for doubting you, SP4, I still love ya!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  6. benjammin

benjammin Pen Pal - Newbie

On another note, I found I needed to install the WinTab Driver for Windows 10 to enable pressure sensitivity in Adobe Animate. I believe this is true for Adobe Flash as well. I've always enjoyed sketching in Flash and now that Animate finally supports two-finger zoom and rotate (and the ability to maintain the brush size when zooming), the experience is even better!

7. tommorton

tommorton Pen Pal - Newbie

Paul Thurrott reports
    Surface Book/Pro 4 firmware fix due as soon as next week

I’ve now heard from multiple sources that Microsoft will issue a major firmware fix for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 next week, with a planned Tuesday drop. This is the fix you’ve been waiting for, and it should restore the devices’ ability to sleep properly and prevent that horrible “hot bag” problem that so many have seen. Cross your fingers.

mike_TPR and benjammin like this.
  8. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

From the MS site:

"On 2/11/2016 we made a change in how updates are delivered to Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. Surface updates may now be delivered as multiple updates when you check for updates in Windows. Prior to today, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book would have received a single update called “System Firmware Update – 1/27/2016”.

9. johnchad14

johnchad14 Scribbler - Standard Member

My first reaction upon seeing there's a update to 'fix everything' is to definitely not install it until at least April after seeing what happens

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

10. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Guys, if I enable the High Performance mode in the Surface Pro 4 (i5), will I get more performance overall or it increases performance automatically as needed? I was under the impression I`d be getting better results in Photoshop CC 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.