Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctdw

ctdw Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't want to rely on my users being that careful so I would prefer the new cable.

2. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. mertzi

mertzi Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to disable two finger horizontal scrolling on the TC4 touchpad? I like two finger scrolling, but just up and down. Certain sites do not scale well in Edge above 275% zoom and scrolling up or down on these sites is kind of wobbly, like your drunk.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...It seems that SP4 drivers are also out...>>

...I'm not seeing them.

6. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yea there was no SP4 update yet only the SP3.... hopefully this week we will see the SP4 one. Crossing my fingers.....

7. Cuhulin

Cuhulin Scribbler - Standard Member

My hope for the SP5 is thunderbolt 3 as the connection port, enabling a docking station with the ability to have real graphics cards driving the monitors - like the new Razer laptop is supposed to get. I am more than happy with my i7 SP4 in every other way. On the road, I used its keyboard. At home or in the office, I have full-sized keyboards and full-sized monitors. For just a few activities, the monitors are a bit slow, however, and having the ability to use a desktop graphics card would resolve that. I solve the pen problem differently - my case for the SP4 on the road has a pen loop, as do my briefcase and backpack, and I keep pens on my desks. Yes, it's a few extra pens, but one doesn't have to worry about losing one, so the silo really isn't needed. Microsoft's rechargeable system, though, would be nice.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I would like this too, and perhaps the "market" will force them to go Thunderbolt 3, but they are so committed to the "Surface connector" they are not going to be too cooperative

9. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

My 1TB SP4 is supposed to arrive today - didn't know it just became available last Friday. Guess I was just lucky (I thought the 1TB version was already available on Oct. 26th, now I would be among the first owners of the 1TB version).

I thought hard and decided I didn't like cloud storage or external portable drive (like @dstrauss). But mostly I am vain, you know. As @soh5 , I intended to use it for 4-5 years, but most likely I'll suck again if they release a 13" SP5. If history is any indication, none of my gadgets lasted more than a year, and I pulled in new gadgets in terms of months. I have had a good time (why I feel a glee of joy:eek:) burying my five tablets/laptops in Amazon/Ebay grave alive (i.e. bad business by quick sale at bottom price). Maybe I do need treatment for you-know-who syndrome. o_O:)

alextrela182, dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Come on wuss - it's dstrauss syndrome - we ALL know that...this isn't Hogwarts you know...

wataru, Koryand'R and Zeelobby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.