Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...so sad no firmware update yesterday...>>

...If Intel released the new drivers just a few days ago, the update is likely still a couple of weeks away. Just be patient...

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

Bronsky likes this.
  3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

sorry I suck at waiting.

4. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

My the buttons on the s4 pen are no longer working. The pen writes but the one click and 2 click commands no longer function. I unpaired the pen....reset surface and now the pen wont pair at all with surface. Surface cant find the pen

Help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. dstrauss

I would have posted the classic buzzard cartoon (____ with patience, let's kill something), but I was already on thin ice around here so this one has a hidden double meaning as to who's on life support - I feel your pain on the whole "patience with Microsoft" thing - even Mr. Microsoft himself, Thurrott, suggested Microsoft make reparations to all us Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book beta testers by extending the warranty on their systems from 12 months AFTER they get tehm stable and fixed. Fat chance...

6. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you try replacing the battery?

7. stevae

stevae Pen Pal - Newbie

the firmware update was supposed to come out on the 19th according to several sources, but i haven't seen anything on it. anybody else seen anything???

8. stevae

stevae Pen Pal - Newbie

a couple of things here. first, there is an article on one of the sp4 sites, i think it is neowin, that shows you how to get rid of the battery drain. there is a script made, that allows you to adjust max proc power, which stops your device from going into turbo mode, and really allows a much nicer environment while using it, especially on battery. it also gives it almost another hour and a half battery life. and you never hear the fans kick on. so it is really worth checking out.

UPDATE: here it is - http://www.neowin.net/news/four-ways-to-improve-surface-pro-4-battery-life

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    magnum2107 likes this.
  9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

That is the danger of rumors, I know that it is being worked on, but it also needs to pass internal testing, etc.

10. dstrauss

@jnjroach - Jeff, if it won't violate your NDA, why do OEM's have to tinker with the component manufacturer's drive, unless they are defective?

PS to all - I am SHOCKED how quiet the SP4 is (i7/16gb/512gb)! The fan rarely runs, and when it does it is much quieter. Of course, I'm not a gamer or big Neflix user, so maybe I'm just lucky, but even Chrome is almost fanless. This alone is worth the upgrade for me.

soh5, magnum2107 and benjammin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.