Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunami

dunami Pen Pal - Newbie

I can change the one- click to open the desktop version instead of the app l, and I can change double click to not take a screenshoot, but I don't see a way to set it so the DoubleClick takes a screenshot and opens it in the desktop app.

edaniels likes this.
  2. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

Ahhhh good point.. sorry i read your original question wrong

Id also be interested in a solution to that as well

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

This is happened twice to me tonight...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

spinedoc77 likes this.
  4. johnchad14

johnchad14 Scribbler - Standard Member

Regarding the screen flex since I was an early complainer of it, there's a few things to say:

1) my first unit seemed to have more flex than the replacement, though looking back I was overreacting to it at first too
    2) it definitely is thinner glass than pro 3 - most see this as a positive change. I'm ambivalent, but its not distorting at all during use for me. If you push hard enough on any screen you can cause distortion so..
    3) I wrote much more forcefully on sp3 vs the new one, so during that adjustment period is where I noted more flex. I still notice a wee bit when pressing, but not a bother anymore and not distorting screen at all.

If it's your only concern I say try it a bit and see how it feels

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

5. benjammin

benjammin Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree -try it, I bet you'll really like it.

I've used Manga Studio almost every day for a month now and at first it did bug me when I noticed it, but it didn't affect my drawing one bit.

Now though, it hardly happens at all because I find myself using a lighter touch as well. I am surprised that a screen on a tablet that comes with a stylus even has this rainbow effect issue, but I have come to realize that I might not need to be pressing as hard as I was used to pressing (coming from a CC1).

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well good luck because my own adventure with surface pro after 3 in a road unsuccessful Pro 4 unit is over for good.
    I'll stick with the little brother S3 and wait until SP5 and hope MS deliver proper device from the beginning free of bugs and rock solid with 5-6 improvements that I want.

1. Power cover option for having real 8-9 hours battery life(one battery only on tablet is not enough)
    2.Double tap option for wake up screen from sleep just like many many manufacturer use in smartphone or android tablet,also used the n Lumia device or returned the Windows button.
    3.Minumum 2 USB port on tablet plus 1 extra thunderbolt 3 port.
    Also they could put another 2-3 ports on power cover.
    4.DDR4 Ram.
    5.Real NVMe PCIe SSD performance speed and not the B' quality current crapy Samsung drive.
    6.Wireless charging also is welcome.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

7. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

I sign under these with both hands and legs :)

alextrela182 likes this.
  8. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow I feel a lot more confident now about buying the SP4.

So bottom line, right now, what are the problems still unfixed?

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

It's only been 48 hours, but no hiccups so far (not even slight ones like the final SB had). We'll see what a couple of weeks bring. One interesting note - I brought it to the office for first time this morning, plugged it into dock before startup, and EVERYTHING loaded and connected - video (both monitors mirrrored at start, and made switch to extended with first try; THAT is a first), ethernet, USB audio, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The fan is running this morning, but very quiet compared to SP3, and quit after about 5 minutes.

@alextrela182 - if ANYBODY would/could be skeptical of the SB/SP4 Batman and Robin combo, it would be me, and NOBODY would confuse me with Polly or Anna. However, there is a little more comfort because of the familiarity (I guess form factor wise). As for your wish list, I think there will be a Thunderbolt 3 and possibly a USB A on the SP5, but never three ports. In fact, I can see the Thunderbolt 3 replacing the mini-DP, so you still only have two total ports. It would be nice if they use an Apple-class PCIe ssd, and a real possibility. I just don't see a power cover in the future, unless they develop some form of hard tray keyboard, and I don't see that because of the SB pedigree. Nothing short of the SB base would be acceptable, and I can't see that happening with the SP4 form factor.

10. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Well today was my last day with the Surface Book. I returned it to the Microsoft Store and now I am back in the Pro camp.

It has certainly been a long hiatus since I last my Pro 3, and I can safely say that this machine so far does not have the detach issues plaguing the book model.

The screen is smaller, has a slightly lower pixel density, but at the end of the day, what I need is a machine capable, stable, and flexible.

The Surface Pro line is what I plan on staying with, even if the book is a home run in the second iteration. The svelte form factor is a big deal to me now that I realize how much space it frees up in my messenger.

The type cover 4 is amazing, the track pad is a dream compared to the Pro 3 cover, and honestly I am not going to be tempted by the Lenovo offerings. While I will be a little envious about the dGPU in those machines, as a road warrior, and a scientist who values mobility, this is the perfect form factor for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.