Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnchad14

johnchad14 Scribbler - Standard Member

Windows hello is buggy still and can cause that, recommend disabling it until fixed. You can hard reset by holding power button a while to get unstuck.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

edaniels likes this.
  2. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

Is the keyboard attached? And if so, does it light up at all after you press or hold the button? I have literally owned 5 different SP4s now and I recall something similar happening with my first one. I think I just held the button until it eventually reset. The back-light on the keyboard let me know it was finally powered off and could come back on. Sorry I don't have anything more solid to suggest.

edaniels likes this.
  3. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

I was wondering if anyone here noticed the following problem related with the fact that he top part of the device is made of plastic for connectivity reasons:

1. Sliding your finger up off the screen makes you feel the sharp edge of this plastic part. It's just not in a perfect line with the screen, not perfectly flat.
    2. It's actually pretty easy to bend that part off the screen. If you press it a little harder with your finger it's possible to see the adhesive tape inside. I think this should be better "glued".

Anyone can confirm these two? I noticed it on the test unit in the market. I'm waiting with the purchase until 2016 units are out.

4. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

After like 15 mins it finally turned on... it gave a windows hello error and i had to get in with a pin.

Ill will disable the windows hello feature..too embarassing although it works good

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Sleep is bugged, waiting on a firmware fix from MS. I use Hello w/ Hibernate and it works well. If you need to do a reset, hold down both the power button and the volume rocker in the + position.

edaniels likes this.
  6. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have wanted to get one of these since they were announced but it's really hard to take this piece of crap seriously.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Windows Weekly (Thurrott) rumor today - Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book firmware update(s) coming January 19, He couldn't say whether it was just sleep mode or more...

soh5, edaniels and mike_TPR like this.
  8. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

God I hope so... Power update sooooo needed I think Windows hello is prob tied to the power issues so they might get fixed at the same time.

MetalSiren

9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

While I do appreciate Windows as a service, instead of getting annual service packs...

I do wish they were more transparent in which bugs or features have been added or removed with each windows update.

10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yea I wish it was as easy as reading the release notes for the firmware updates for the surface line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.