Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

You can choose Battery Saver, but of course you wouldn't want to choose that plan when streaming. Maybe an issue of content?; I stream Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, WatchESPN, MGO, Amazon Prime, and MS Movies & TV and they all work perfectly.

When you say latest drivers are they from Windows Update or from Intel when it comes to video?

2. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

Recently the issue has been with network sites like Fox and CBS attempting to stream through the browser, but also apps like AMC tv. I checked the device manager for latest drivers for the wi fi card and it says its up to date. I think it's a wi fi issue as opposed to a graphics issue because the issue goes away I'm right by the router. It's when I take the device to the room with my exercise equipment that it stops working well, while at the same time other devices I've used (Lenovo Miix, XPS 12 regular, XPS 12 12 4k, and even my SP4 core m3) had no issues operating in the same environment. It seems that this device's ability to function well further from the router is in question.

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At least I fell better, thought I might be the only anime fan here lol

4. Dayton

Anime rules, well except for this past Fall's simulcasts which were overall meh which was weird and hopefully won't be repeated.

5. metalsiren

I wish crunchyroll would make a dam app but stuck with edge for video watching. I have an iPad pro as well (yes dork here) and their pro app is great

6. Dayton

Yes a Windows Store app for Crunchyroll would be most welcome. Even though I have to use Firefox, my browser of choice for flash since it can be allowed on demand, it still looks great on the beautiful SP4 screen. That is when I'm not using the Xbox One's app.

7. metalsiren

As sad as this sounds I wish the sp4 had the same dimensions as the iPad pro. With the iPad pro it feels ok to hold horizontal and vertical but the sp4 doesn't feel right vertical

Just my 2 cents I still love my sp4 but just a thought

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow... wow... wow hang on. I sold my iPad pro just before Xmas. FAR too big and I felt silly holding the thing. SP4, reading comics, is next to perfection.

Just my other 2 cents there. :)

9. metalsiren

Both vertical and horizontal? Just curious because vertical wish it was wider...but again I kept both units since I got 100 off on an open box unit...

10. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

The SP4 basically has the same dimensions as a piece of paper, so I like that.

I don't have any problem with the iPad, although the 4:3 aspect ratio it has reminds me of the old CRT TV's. Watching a film on that must give a whole lot of letterboxing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.