Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

ThorntonArtStudio.com likes this.
  2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. iridescentFUZZ

iridescentFUZZ Pen Pal - Newbie

With the Surface Pro 3, that does seem like the case. But with the Pro 4, the i5/8GB is quite popular and they have that available.

Still want to figure out about warranty if I get one in the US.

4. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

The 65W power supply arrived, no battery drain when plugged in when running a demanding application. It now charges as one would expect. I fired up SWTOR with 68% battery plugged in the new power supply and played for a half hour, battery at 81% after exiting the game. Only negative is that it is about 14" shorter than the pack-in power supply.

5. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Clip Studio is really a pleasure to paint with. Mixing paint is so much easier than Photoshop. For what it's worth, my i5 SP4 has been completely silent during all my time spent painting with it, except when plugged in charging.

I still don't have the option to program my eraser button though for whatever reason. I still need to update to 1511, 10586, but I am still on a capped data plan at home and all these updates are chewing through too many GB's.

I also got the Dolphin emulator working. Some games are running full speed! I get the impression though that I'd be putting too much stress on the processor by playing for long periods of time.

6. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for reporting back your experience.

Now that you have a 65W supply, can you confirm that the supply that shipped with the SP4 is only 36W?

7. Dayton

Seeing the difference in charging between the two power supply's I would say it is safe to assume that the shipped power supply is of the 36W variety. If one hopes to game or run very intensive applications then the 65W accessory power supply is a must, also difference in charge time is noticeable. Cord length difference of about 14 inches is sort of annoying however after getting use to the longer one.

8. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

Folks -- I have an SP4 I5/8gb/256 and a dell xps 12 4k edition. I'm finding that the SP4 is having problems with stuttering playing internet video that the XPS isn't. Both are fully updated and I've checked to make sure I have all the latest firmware and drivers. I also have very fast wifi at home.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the SP4's streaming issues and any tips on resolving? I mostly use this for media consumption so the inability to stream videos cleanly is a deal breaker.

9. Dayton

What Power Plan are you using? I use Balanced when on battery and have no issue with streaming.

10. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm on balanced as well. It's the only plan available to choose. I've had other SP4s. In fact I had this same exact model around Thanksgiving. I don't recall having this issue previously. Maybe I just got a dud and should try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.