Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

WHY AES - WHY - EMR would let you use existing Wacom pens AND enable an S-Pen silo...ARGGGGHHHHH

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@gmich "We all want what we have not got."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmich, Steve S and dellaster like this.
  3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yesh. Installed the latest build, left everything as default other than the controllers, then boom straight in and playing away.

4. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

So Wacom AES now has tilt? Anybody know if the tech for that is in the stylus or under the screen? I'd also be interested to know if AES has an initial activation force closer to EMR or N-Trig.

I was just playing with the brush stabilisation settings in Clip Studio and I must be doing something wrong, because I don't see any appreciable difference between the lowest and highest settings, i.e. the high setting didn't appear to reduce jitter any better.
    I potentially screwed myself by getting my SP4 from a physical store rather than from microsoft, meaning I apparently don't have the 30 day return policy, only 14 days which I've used up :( Hopefully this remorse is just a passing phase.

Cool I will give that a shot, I had been trying an older version that was on my external hdd. It would be nice if the i5 sp4 can emulate gamecube smoothly, even if at the native 480p resolution.

Also, does anyone know how I can check to see whether I got the toshiba or samsung ssd?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  5. Usama Waheed Khan

Usama Waheed Khan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Avid reader, first time poster. Has anyone ran a SFC /SCANNOW immediately after TH2 update on the SP4. It says Corrupt Files found. Can anyone else check the same please?

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Few hours ego received my i5 version from Amazon.

Same manufacturing unit lot 1549 as second m3 unit witch returned few days ego for dead pixel spot plus huge bleeding from the panel purchased from ms store.

Well this current unit is better situation,much less bleeding in normal behavior I saying and not any kind dead pixel spot.

Installed the 1511 November update and after that latest Windows/firmware updates and all that period an hour remain absolute normal temperatures a tiny warm and most importantly not even once I heard the fan noise.

Till now I'm generally pleased with i5 unit.

But as always first 2-3 weeks it will be tested in every kind activities doing with it and eventually if I'm totally pleased without any kind unexpected issue I will keep it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  7. dunami

dunami Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally pulled the trigger on an i5/8/256. Actually, about two weeks ago, but I wasn't able to really start using it until this past week (spending time with family and what not).

Anyhow, what sort of things should I check before the return period is up? I have MS complete care, but I want to make sure I look for any obvious things before the normal 30 days is up.

There's some light bleed, but I really don't care about that much because it's only visible at start up. It's not noticeable at all to be with day to day stuff, even with brightness up high and watching movies which throws up a black boarder where the bleed is located.

I've tested the head jack, camera, microSD slot. The keyboard is working fine. Fan kicks on when necessary, but very rarely. The unit mostly stays very cool. No dead pixels. Speakers work fine. Pen/all buttons on the pen work fine.

I've disabled connected standby and created a couple of custom power plans that I can easily switch between with shortcuts. The machine goes to hibernate rather than sleep. I'm getting about 7-8 hours of active battery it seems right now. And usually more than 24 counting including down/inactive time.

Anything else I should be looking for?

dstrauss likes this.
  8. alextrela182

As you've describe above your unit is rock solid and I would simply say enjoy your purchased :p

Sent from my iPad Air 2

dunami and dstrauss like this.
  9. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ok so its 2016 now, so where is our battery life fix for CS :)

10. alextrela182

Haha MS rules!!
    We have to wait a bit more until released fix for CS.

I think within this month maybe will see that update.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.