Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Yes, it's strange. I used the same USB setup—keyboard & mouse, hub, and USB flash drive w/W10 TH2—to upgrade my HP 608 to Windows 10 (clean install) and had no problem. 'Tis a mystery, but moot as I mentioned since it's going back due to the stuck pixel.

I'm considering going Intel NUC after all. The i5 version of the desktop mini will use the 6260U with Iris 540 graphics...

2. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, has anyone else had (and fixed or has any idea how to fix) this issue? It's still crashing/closing every time I open it. A MS forum moderator suggested uninstalling the app, installing any updates and then reinstalling the app but it didn't work. It almost looks like something is blocking it; like my ad-blocker does in my web browser.

I've also tried rolling back to an earlier update and when that didn't work, I uninstalled just about every program I could think of. Any help greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

spinedoc77 likes this.
  4. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had the same problem that stemmed from another problem with the app. I installed Windows 8.1 on my SP3 but the Surface app wouldn't work, didn't recognize the pen or even allow the start button to be toggled. Uninstalled and when I tried to reinstall got the error it wasn't available. That was a few days ago then I tried again yesterday and it installed but still wont work on my Surface. Not any real help but seems to me the app's gone cuckoo.

5. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Very frustrating.

I tried rolling back the driver update again and now, not only does the app no longer work but I can't even access the MS Store.

6. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Any thoughts on which is better out of Tablet Pro, Toolbar Creator, and Radial Menu for virtual express keys?

Also, my Surface app still doesn't have the option for programming the buttons. Am I supposed to uninstall/reinstall?

Finally, any easy way to make the Photoshop CS6 UI any bigger?

7. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

With the new pen you have to manually install the SP4 pen drivers for the pen customization controls to show up in your Surface app. There's a thread or two on this so do a search and you should turn it up. I did it with my S3 and the new pen. Worked perfectly.

8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you are happy with the battery life on m3 version ask for brand new replacement.
    If you are not ask for refund and get the i5 version.

As for myself I'm not pleased at all with both m3 having now with battery life.
    Really disappointing.
    Tomorrow my second from ms store go back.

I will keep few more days the first one from Amazon since I have couple of weeks to be returned back and wait my i5 to be arrived(from hour to hour I'm expecting to be dispatched)

Sent from my iPad Air 2

9. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

be77solo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.