Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Install on Windows 10 and had unexpected freezing 3-4 times in an hour, mouse not responsive neither touch I had to press power button for putting to sleep and then again press one more time and worked.

At the end rollback to the previous version.
    On Windows 8.1 in the others hang everything fine.

Wow I wonder how Apple feels about that.:eek:
    It must be the worst nightmare ever had :D

2. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had no problem with this new driver just as I didn't with the prior driver from Intel which was listed as beta. This is on an i7 so Iris 540.

3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

4. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

5. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well just as Dstrauss predicted I'm BAAACKK (DAMMMMNNN YOUOUUOU STRAUSSSS /shakefist). Left my SP4 wife for a Miix 700 fling, but am now back to the SP4. Both are compelling tablets though and it was/is a VERY hard decision.

alextrela182 likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

What convinced you? Better support from Microsoft than from Lenovo?

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

7. alextrela182

Well we have to admit even with MS mistakes with earlier beta tester situation with Windows 10 and drivers that SP4 is the king of the 2 in 1 hybrid device today.

Not HP,Dell,Asus or Lenovo can reach the highest level of experience can offer to customers.

Only if Lenovo offer upgrade version of Thinkpad Helix 2 with 3:2 aspect and kickstand.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

8. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah MS support plus also the keyboard.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  9. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

I was firing up my SP4 this morning feeling a bit smug that mine was nearly perfect, completely lacking the problems others have had... and it froze at Windows Hello login right after it recognized me. A long wait, forced reboot, and then a dreaded BCD error came up. Okay, so I try repair from my USB stick, right? Nope, I didn't see the need to buy the SP4 key cover and apparently you can't use a USB keyboard and a USB Windows boot stick at the same time through a USB hub, powered or unpowered (I tried two). And touch doesn't work on the language selection window that first comes up on the USB boot drive. No way I can see to bring up the onscreen keyboard either. Grrr!

I'd like to know if there's a way to get around the USB recovery disk w/o keyboard issue, but it's moot at this point. While staring at the BCD error message screen in frustration I noticed a stuck blue pixel in the center of the top-left quadrant of the screen. It's going back to the Microsoft Store regardless, now.

... And I'm wondering if I should exchange or get a refund. This stuff takes all the fun out of ownership and there are attractive alternatives out there getting good reviews from people on this forum.

10. alextrela182

Never had issue when used USB hub for both boot from USB and use keyboard also.

In fact that was the only way to install 8.1 on my Pro 4 and worked fabulous without issue

The same process for installing windows to other windows tablet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.