Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

Not ignoring you, just don't use Manga Studio and haven't seen or heard of what you're describing. Maybe you could try support options from Manga Studio?

2. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks but actually the question was about Illustrator. I just drew them in Manga Studio. It also happens when I bring something in from Photoshop. My friend said it's probably a video driver-thing but he's not sure.

3. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

As I mentioned earlier have you given the display driver from Intel a try?

4. kruzilla

5. kruzilla

'S cool, man...*sniff* ;)

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Face Off: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Core i7 vs. Surface Pro 4 Core i5 vs. Surface Pro 4 Core m3
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-O...ore-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html

Processor

According to CineBench, users can expect about a 10 percent raw performance boost over the Core i5 model and a 30 to 40 percent boost over the Core m3 model. While the advantages in computational power are small over the Core i5, graphics performance is significantly better than the HD Graphics 520 on the Core i5 by about 40 percent.

System Performance

Likewise, raw system performance according to PCMark is about 10 percent ahead of the Core i5 model and about 25 percent ahead of the Core m3 model. The differences are slightly larger in PCMark 8.

Storage Devices

The 256 GB Samsung MZFLV256 M.2 drive in our Core i7 configuration outperforms our 128 GB SSDs in Core i5 and m3 models by noticeable margins across the board. Sequential write speeds in particular are almost twice as fast according to both AS SSD and CDM.

GPU Performance

The jump from the Core i5 model to the Core i7 model will bring more GPU power than actual CPU power. Synthetic benchmarks like 3DMark show the Iris 540 to be about 40 percent ahead of the HD 520 in the Core i5 configuration and almost 50 percent ahead of the HD 515 in the Core m3 configuration.

Gaming Performance

Bioshock Infinite shows the Surface Pro 4 Core i7 configuration pumping out 60 to 80 percent higher frame rates than the Core i5 configuration. Overall gaming performance lies comfortably in between the custom Nvidia GPU in the Surface Book and the HD Graphics 520 in the Surface Pro 4 Core i5.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

JoeS likes this.
  7. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes that will work fine but there is a newer one that's labeled beta but I've been using it since day one without issue:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...7-8-1-10-15-40-?wapkw=intel+iris+540+graphics

Download the compressed version since you will need to install it via the Device Manager. Ignore the link saying Iris if you don't have an i7, the driver is for all 6th generation HD Graphics.

8. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

9. lehtipihvi

lehtipihvi Pen Pal - Newbie

What a heck? Only reason I bought Surface Pro 4 m3 was that I would get better batterylife as earlier reports showed..
    Whats the truth? Should I switch core m3 to i5? I have couple days to return this device.

10. dunami

dunami Pen Pal - Newbie

Everything I've read prior to this has suggested that the m3 and i5 are very comparable in battery life. I.E., that there was no real battery gain with the m3 over the i5. So considering that seems to be the consensus even before this, I would not stick with the m3 just for the sake of battery life.

Personally, if they're even just comparable, I'd probably jump to the i5/4GB since it's only $100 more unless you want to avoid the fan noise.

With that said, keep in mind that MS has said they're aware of battery drain issues and that they will fix it in 2016. That could potentially impact this. So battery life reports at this point should all have an asterisks next to them now that we know that for certain.